4 Replies Latest reply: Apr 16, 2015 8:03 AM by Chenna Reddy RSS

Dropdown extension for QlikSense

Chenna Reddy

Hi All,

I am in a need of creating dropdown extension object which will allow "Always one selected" feature included.(there is already an extension with listbox, but this is occupying more space when working with QlikSense).

I have tried changing existing listbox extension to dropdown, but could not find any solution.

Can any one help on this.

We need this feature on high priority.

Regards,

Chenna

• Re: Dropdown extension for QlikSense
          Michael Tarallo

Hello Chenna - are you interested in setting a default value for the chart objects instead? This will give you the same result, I believe. Unless you have another usecase in mind. You can also have the option to change the value if need be. See attached .qvf file.

Copy .qvf to C:\Users\<user profile>\Documents\Qlik\Sense\Apps - refresh Desktop with F5

For example your measure can be locked to the default dimension value using Set Analysis - like this:

if(getselectedcount(CategoryName) = 0, Sum({$<CategoryName={$(DefaultCat)}>}Sales),

Sum(Sales))

I also used a variable to set the default selections - see the load editor in the app.

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik