Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

show documents in access point from multiple server

Hello Experts.

Actually I have a scenario like I have 4 documents on 4 different servers

and I want to show these all 4 documents in one access point together.

Is it possible???

Thanks in Advance

Prince Anand

5 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

As far as I know there are two ways to do this:

1. Put all four documents on all four servers and implement a mechanism to keep the files in sync.

2. Create a Qlikview Server Cluster with four nodes that will have the same root directory. You'll need a cluster license for this.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Dear Gysbert,

Thanks for the reply.

Case 1: What is the benefit to put all 4 documents on all four servers.Because our main req. is that one server have only one document.

Case 2:  I think We use Clustering for Load balancing or we can also use it for sharing application between different servers.??

Case 3:Is it possible to do it with the help of document chaining?

Thanks & Regards

Prince Anand

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

It's not a matter of benefits, it's a matter of listing what's possible without taking into account any disadvantages.

If I'm not mistaken, without a Cluster license a QVWS can only service a single QVS. You can have multiple web servers for a single QlikView Server but not the other way around.

Back to the original question: your requirement must have a reason/purpose. Why do you want to put individual documents on separate QVS installations with separate licenses (i.e. without clustering). That would mean you would have to spread your CALs, or buy 4 sets for the same end-users...

Peter

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Dear Peter,

The req is like that we have on company with four branches.

Each branch have their own qlikview server and qlikview application.

But the owner of the all four branches want to see all the application at one place.

So please suggest.

Thanks in advance

Prince Anand

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

In that case, there may be other solutions:

• Distribute all four documents to the server that is home to the owner (or closest to his office). Add sufficient security to make them available to him/her only.
  • In case these are four identical documents (but with different company data), make a fifth document that collects data from the four subsidiaries in a single document and publish that one to his "home" server. You will have a document with consolidated data without changing anything in the document itself (aside from the load script reading from multiple sources). I think the owner will be glad that he/she doesn't have to visit four different documents, even if they are located on the same server. A single document also allows for decent comparative analysis and benchmarking.

You'll need a single Publisher that will distribute one or more documents to geographically separate QlikView servers.

A small word of advice: do not rely on the community alone for architectural matters. Contact your Qlik partner or you local Qlik office to discuss these enterprise requirements. Making a decision that isn't entirely optimal may have a big impact.