Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Search Box Object in Qlikview

Hello,

I am currently dealing with Qlikview Searchbox object. I would like to strictly select one value from my search box object. I know I can achieve it by using Multi box or list box. But I would like to use this search box as it looks nicer on UI.

Also, I would like to assign a selected value from Searchbox to a variable.

How can I achieve these two tasks?

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you,

Parth Shah.

Capture.PNG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
svenkita
Creator II
Creator II

Check the sample file

I have created 2 list boxes in Sheet1 & in one of the list boxes enabled select one value. you can hide this sheet after development is over

on the main sheet there is the search object which will reflect the select one value.

Assigning a value to a variable can be done in various ways. in the example i am assigning the select value of department to variable vtest

hope this helps

View solution in original post

4 Replies
svenkita
Creator II
Creator II

Check the sample file

I have created 2 list boxes in Sheet1 & in one of the list boxes enabled select one value. you can hide this sheet after development is over

on the main sheet there is the search object which will reflect the select one value.

Assigning a value to a variable can be done in various ways. in the example i am assigning the select value of department to variable vtest

hope this helps

Not applicable
Author

Hi Parth,

In search object, instead of all fields choose the required fields you need. Here, you can remove the field that you don't need.

Thanks,

S

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Venkita. This helps me.

Have a good one.

Thanks,

Parth

Not applicable
Author

Thanks S V. I was following that path only.

Thanks for your response.

-Parth.