Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to test QlikView performance?

Hello,

Do you have experience with running performance tests for QlikView server? We would like to run and test scenarios of concurrent users performing queries according to a pre-defined scenario. The problem is that we couldn't utilize QlikView to work with LoadRunner, for example. It seems like we cannot record and run the scenario using the ActiveX plug-in or the Ajax ZFC becasue of the QlikView authentication method. Any suggestions?

9 Replies
Not applicable
Author

are u able to find the solution with loadrunner ?

Not applicable
Author

Our tech guys managed to find a workaround, yes.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Doron

We in a similar situation. We cannot get Loadrunner to work wth QlikView

What workaround worked for you?

Regards

Not applicable
Author

Here are some guidles (credit to Alex Braslvasky, Retalix):

Settings are involved in the process:

1. Disable Named User CALs for Anonymous Access.

2. Configure QlikView Server Authorization/Authentication (Found in QEMC on the System/Setup/ Security/ tab.)

3. QlikView Web Server Ajax access (Found in QEMC on the System/Setup/Ajax/ tab.)

4. Anonymous user addition to the document.

To Disable Named User CALs set next options:

In QEMC on the System/Licenses/QlikView Server/Client Access Licences(CALS)/General

Set identification : Machine Name

Turn on "Allow license lease"

Turn on "Allow dynamic CAL assignment"

Anonymous Access Using DMS Authorization

QEMC on the System/Setup/ Security/ tab

QlikView Server Authorization: "DMS"

QlikView Server Authentication: "Always Anonymous" or "Allow Anonymous"

on System/Setup/Ajax/ tab QlikView Web Server Ajax access: "AlwaysAnonymous" = selected

Restart QlikView server.

In QEMC on the Documents/User Documents/Authorization tab for the document add the Anonymous user using the "Edit User" dialog.

Hope it helps...

Not applicable
Author

Hi Doron

What method/client did you use when you did your scripting: IE Plugin, Java or AJAX ?

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

Ajax ZFC

Not applicable
Author

Hi Doron,

I am using the qlikview ajax client, in vugen the script works fine, and if i run in the controller , I am getting the error as " No conneciton" for the second user.

in the controller also if i run the single user it is working firne and if i start the second user that is where i am getting the error, I followed the steps that u pecified about to make it anonymous.

once i make it anonymous. Can I use the multiple users to login to application. or i just need to use always as " anonymous" . could you please through a light on this please.

thanks

ram

Not applicable
Author

Hello,

On the LoadRunner side, did you have to use a AJAX Click and Script protocol or did a normal Click and Script work? Or, did you have to use some other protocol?

Thank you,

Jonathan H. Taylor, CTAL - TA, HPCP

Senior Consultant

t. 205.259.2433 ? c. 205.427.2655 ? f. 205.449.9757

HealthSouth ? c. 205.370.2012 ? t. 205.968.6351

jtaylor@askcts.com

www.askcts.com

Not applicable
Author

i was using web ajax client, which will be sending the requests through http , so i was able to record it normal way using http:// protocol.

there were some settings that i followed to over come a errror that i was getting as " no connection " error. i followed these settings and little more than this , not sure wat i added for CALs for each qvw file in the webserver.

Settings are involved in the process:

1. Disable Named User CALs for Anonymous Access.

2. Configure QlikView Server Authorization/Authentication (Found in QEMC on the System/Setup/ Security/ tab.)

3. QlikView Web Server Ajax access (Found in QEMC on the System/Setup/Ajax/ tab.)

4. Anonymous user addition to the document.

To Disable Named User CALs set next options:

In QEMC on the System/Licenses/QlikView Server/Client Access Licences(CALS)/General

Set identification : Machine Name

Turn on "Allow license lease"

Turn on "Allow dynamic CAL assignment"

Anonymous Access Using DMS Authorization

QEMC on the System/Setup/ Security/ tab

QlikView Server Authorization: "DMS"

QlikView Server Authentication: "Always Anonymous" or "Allow Anonymous"

on System/Setup/Ajax/ tab QlikView Web Server Ajax access: "AlwaysAnonymous" = selected

Restart QlikView server.

In QEMC on the Documents/User Documents/Authorization tab for the document add the Anonymous user using the "Edit User" dialog.