If you want to test on your QV Desktop means,
- Go to View menu -> Resize Windows and select the same resolution
- Build your dashboard there, and then activate the webview mode (View menu-> Turn On WebView) to simulate the AJAX environment and see you your app will look like in a mobile browser.
Hope this helps
If you choose the iPhone app, you need to go to the server Console (Windows startup button, All programs, QlikView, QlikView Enterprise Management Console, Documents, click on the document you want to display on mobile, and under "AccessPoint Access Methods" click "Mobile Client" as well. Apply changes and it's done in the server part.
There by you can access it with your credentials
A few answers to some other quesitons in your OP:
- There is no separate server for mobile devices/clients. It's all done/displayed by the QVS.
- There is one additional server component that allows for off-line document usage by the Apple (iPhone/iPad) client. This mode however comes with some limitations.
- The Apple client is the only supported QlikView client application for mobile devices. You can install it (for free) from the Apple app store .All other mobile devices should use a browser to connect to the AP.
- QlikView (with the exception of the Apple client) is not a responsive web design solution. QlikView documents will display properly on mobile devices if you design them for mobile devices. Qlik Sense on the other hand does every thing well on all sorts of devices with varying screen sizes and interfaces because it was designed from the start to behave like that..