5 Replies Latest reply: May 21, 2010 1:54 PM by Ismail Baygin RSS

Ticket Authentication in a .NET web application

Ismail Baygin

Hi guys,

We are working on Workbench for a couple of days. So far, we have achieved several steps to understand the principles on how Qlikview Server handles authentication in .NET or ASP web applications.

We understand that by default a .NET WB webpage relies on SSO and passes the current windows account to the QVS to generate the QV objects.

In our example, there is a Datasource object and a chart object in a page (default.aspx). The datasource objects is set to a qvw document found in "localhost" qv server.

Runnning the project, it simply shows the chart object successfully and reviewing the QVS Statistics under QEMC, we see that current windows user is being used while the application is running.

So far so good and simple.

But,

What if we want to authenticate a spesific user which we will decide rather than the current windows user ?

In a pure ZFC-enabled web page, we use generating ticket for that specific user through QVSRemote.Client object in ASP.

Using this ticket in the querystring of the page having qv objects, it simply fetches this ticket and does the authentication for that user bypassing the current windows user. (like show.asp?ticket=xxxxxxx)

But, how can we achieve the same in .NET environment.? If I need to generate a ticket as well, where do i need to do this?

I can give further details to be more clear.

Thanks in advance.

• Ticket Authentication in a .NET web application

Hello Ismail,

Authentication with ticketing is very similar in Workbench as the way you used to do it before.

In your .NET project you could reference QvsNetRemote.dll or use qvsviewclient.asp to request a ticket from QVS.

You can then pass this ticket into the URL of the Workbench .aspx page.

I've posted code samples for requesting a ticket using QvsNetRemote and QvsViewClient elsewhere on these forums.

Best regards,

Erik Kramer