Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee

Governance Dashboard 2.0.2 (SR2) released today!

Hi all -  SR2 of Governance Dashboard (2.0.2) has been released to address several bugfixes.  Please consider updating to this version (just by configuring the Configuration page of the new app just as you have with prior versions. Enjoy!

QlikView Governance Dashboard 2.0.2 is now available

10 Replies
Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee
Author

Note that one bug (GOVDASH-131) has been identified with Governance Dashboard 2.0.2 in which the reload fails unless you have something in the "Files/Folders to exclude".

There are two options for a workaround:

1) Add something in the Files/Folders to Exclude parameter (like zzzz)

or

2) Modify the load script by replacing the SUB filescan section (tab) with the following: (UPDATED Dec 7, 2016)

SUB fileScan

IF NoOfFilePaths > 0 then  // Run this only if there are files & paths to scan
  TRACE Generating list of files (qvw,qvd) to scan;

// Check if any exclusions are set
  If len('$(vInputFilesFoldersExclusion)') = 0 then

TRACE No file or folder exclusions were set in the Configuration.;

set NumExclusions = 0;

ELSE

Let vInputFilesFoldersExclusion = trim(vInputFilesFoldersExclusion);

Let vFilesFoldersExclusionCleaned = if(right('$(vInputFilesFoldersExclusion)',1)='|',left('$(vInputFilesFoldersExclusion)',len('$(vInputFilesFoldersExclusion)')-1),'$(vInputFilesFoldersExclusion)');

Let vInputFilesFoldersExclusion = vFilesFoldersExclusionCleaned;  // replace input for exclusions with the cleaned up version
  LET NumExclusions = SubStringCount('$(vFilesFoldersExclusionCleaned)','|')+1;

TRACE $(NumExclusions) exclusion strings found in user input: $(vInputFilesFoldersExclusion).;

For i = 0 to $(NumExclusions)-1

LET exclusion$(i) = lower(trim(subfield('$(vFilesFoldersExclusionCleaned)' ,'|',$(i)+1)));

Next i

ENDIF

// Creating a table with all filepaths (folders + subfolders)
  FilePaths:

Load %Path as %FilePath, RowNo() as %FilePathNumber

Resident inputPaths where %Area = 'File';

SUB fileSearch (root,n)

// Just looking for qvws, qvds for the file scan; QVX scan is not supported in GovDB 2.x
  For Each Ext in 'qvw','qvd'

FOR EACH File in filelist ('$(root)' & '\*.'&Ext)

IF NumExclusions > 0 THEN

set exclusionsFound = 0;

For x = 0 to $(NumExclusions)-1

let exclusionsFound = exclusionsFound + SubStringCount(lower('$(File)'),'$(exclusion$(x))');

Next x

If exclusionsFound > 0 then

let msg = 'The file $(File) has been excluded from this scan due to user defined exclusion parameter.';

TRACE $(msg);

ExcludedFiles:

Load '$(File)' as ExcludedFile, $(exclusionsFound) as ExclusionRulesFound Autogenerate 1;  // Generate a table of excluded files
  ELSE

CALL fileList ('$(File)','File',Ext,$(n))

ENDIF

//next x
  ELSE

CALL fileList ('$(File)','File',Ext,$(n))

ENDIF

NEXT File

NEXT Ext

for each fldr in DirList('$(root)'&'\*')

IF NumExclusions > 0 THEN

set exclusionsFound = 0;

For x = 0 to $(NumExclusions)-1

let exclusionsFound = exclusionsFound + SubStringCount(lower('$(fldr)'),'$(exclusion$(x))');

Next x

IF exclusionsFound > 0 then

let msg = 'The folder $(fldr) has been excluded from this scan due to user defined exclusion parameter.';

TRACE $(msg);

ExcludedFiles:

Load '$(fldr)' as ExcludedFile, $(exclusionsFound) as ExclusionRulesFound Autogenerate 1;  // Generate a table of excluded files
  ELSE

Concatenate (FilePaths)

Load '$(fldr)' as %FilePath, RowNo() as %FilePathNumber autogenerate(1);

CALL fileSearch ('$(fldr)',$(n))

ENDIF

ELSE

Concatenate (FilePaths)

Load '$(fldr)' as %FilePath, RowNo() as %FilePathNumber autogenerate(1);

CALL fileSearch ('$(fldr)',$(n))

ENDIF

next fldr

ENDSUB

// For each File folder to scan....
  For j = 0 to $(NoOfFilePaths)-1

CALL fileSearch ('$(vFilePath$(j))',$(j))

Next j

drop table FilePaths;

CALL qvwMetadata

CALL qvdMetadata

CALL TableLineage

ELSE  // No Paths to scan
  TRACE No File paths to scan. Skipping.;

ENDIF

ENDSUB

jhomulos
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

It looks to me like the Max RAM usage on the Server Performance Summary sheet is actually showing average RAM usage rather than max. I believe this is a 2.0.2 bug.

Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee
Author

Yes, you are correct. It is calculating avg() RAM instead of Max Ram. (Who made that app anyway?!)

I have filed the bug w/ R&D, GOVDASH-146.

Thanks!

cheenu_janakira
Creator III
Creator III

Just a quick addition that users/Qlik Server Admins might think is a useful visualisation. You can view all your tasks as a Gantt-Waterfall (start to finish time), especially (as in my case) to view the "free" times to allocate new tasks in these empty slots.

In order to do so, create a horizontal bar chart with:

Dim: TaskResult_Name

Expr: "MaxString(NUM(FinishedAt)) - MaxString(NUM(StartedAt))"

with offset "FRAC(MaxString(StartedAt))"

Sort by: Expr = "MaxString(StartedAt)".

Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee
Author

cheenu.janakiram‌ - Thanks for the tip - Can you post a screen shot image of what this looks like?

cheenu_janakira
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Tyler,

Attached is a screendump of the Gantt-waterfall. It might need some space if one truly wants to look at the full picture of all reloads and there are many tasks. I'm sure there can be improvements on the visualisation itself (I had to cut/truncate the image in order not to share potentially confidential data, but it is the "Task Name" that is on the left-hand side). At least a start to be able to look at when tasks start and end and what is running concurrently as well as when the slots are to be able to squeeze in other reload tasks across that server/machine.

Hope it helps. Cheerio,

CheenuTasksGantt.PNG

khalander
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Tyler,

I am not able to scan subfolders in governance dashboard.

I have all applicationd deployed in one main floder like D:\\Qvsource

and it contains sub folders like D:\\Qvsource\applications..

But it is not scanning all sub folders.

Kindly do the needful

Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee
Author

Yes, I am sorry. This is a known bug with 2.0.2. See https://community.qlik.com/message/1246814#1246814 to get a 2.0.3 early release app.

Not applicable

Hi Tyler

I would like to know if there is any way to add a new input box object in the configuration section. I need to load xls extension files and contain them in a QVD

Thank you