Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Line chart with two dimensions at x-axis issue....

Hi all,

I have an issue with line chart, as i am not able to plot two dimensions(Phase&approved date) at x-axis.

i have attached the sample data with  mock up chart, Please try to resolve the issue.

Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

What you want isn't possible in a single line chart. It cannot have two dimensions at the x-axis. You either need to combine the two dimensions into one. Or you can try text-in-chart objects (add those on the Presentation tab) or use Text objects and place them below the line chart.

Here's what it can look like if you use a calculated dimension:

c238839.png

Here's the expression for the calculated dimension:

=dual(

If([Date Apporoved]=aggr(nodistinct max(total <Phase> [Date Apporoved]),Phase)

OR [Date Apporoved]=aggr(nodistinct min(total <Phase> [Date Apporoved]) ,Phase),

Phase

,'            |') & '    ' &  [Date Apporoved]

,[Date Apporoved]

)

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

What you want isn't possible in a single line chart. It cannot have two dimensions at the x-axis. You either need to combine the two dimensions into one. Or you can try text-in-chart objects (add those on the Presentation tab) or use Text objects and place them below the line chart.

Here's what it can look like if you use a calculated dimension:

c238839.png

Here's the expression for the calculated dimension:

=dual(

If([Date Apporoved]=aggr(nodistinct max(total <Phase> [Date Apporoved]),Phase)

OR [Date Apporoved]=aggr(nodistinct min(total <Phase> [Date Apporoved]) ,Phase),

Phase

,'            |') & '    ' &  [Date Apporoved]

,[Date Apporoved]

)

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks gysbert wassenaar..