5 Replies Latest reply: Nov 29, 2016 12:16 PM by Sunny Talwar RSS

Previous month sales with aggr

Linoy Elias

Hi all,

I have a problem with calculating previous month sales.

My sales formula is:

Sum(Aggr(Sales,RowID))

It has an aggr inside because I have few rows with every RowID in my data set and I need to calculate the sum of sales only ONCE per each RowID.

This is my current month formula which works:

Sum({<$(vSetAnalysisExceptTimes), DateNum={">=$(=Num(MonthStart($(vMaxDate))))<=$(=$(vMaxDate))"}>} Aggr(Sales,RowID))

where vSetAnalysisExceptTimes is a variable that clears all Calendar fields.

And this is my previous month formula:

Sum({<$(vSetAnalysisExceptTimes), Date={'>=$(=MonthStart($(vMaxDate, -1))<=$(=AddMonths($(vMaxDate),-1))'}>} Aggr(Sales,RowID))

It works only in case I don't choose anything or of I choose both current and previous months, for example November and October, or October and September etc. But it DOES NOT work if I choose only 1 month, for example October. I expect it to show me September sales and I even know the reason it doesn't, I just don't know how to solve it:

the reason is that if the user choose October, the formula does calculate for September (>=1/09/16 <= 30/09/16) but it can't bring those RowIDs that were in September. I guess it still brings RowIDs of October which are never the same as in September, and that's why the result is 0.

I tried to do another set analysis of dates inside the Aggr but it still didn't work...

Sum({<$(vSetAnalysisExceptTimes), Date={'>=$(=MonthStart($(vMaxDate, -1))<=$(=AddMonths($(vMaxDate),-1))'}>} Aggr({<$(vSetAnalysisExceptTimes), Date={'>=$(=MonthStart($(vMaxDate, -1))<=$(=AddMonths($(vMaxDate),-1))'}>}Sales,RowID))

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks