Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Opening example file in Qlikview personal edition

Hi, i'am new to QlikView, and so i'm browsing the Forum to learn about the program. Sometimes i find answers with useful qlik file example but when i open them in Qlik View personal edition it says the file is from another personal edition and give me only 4 try to reset and open the file. These is a way to avoid this, so i can learn from other's developers example?

Many Thanks

Achille

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
devarasu07
Master II
Master II

Hi,

Using Personal edition you cannot open a document saved by a licensed QlikView client,

If you have Qlikview Server you can lease license from that.  This is the limitation of personal edition Qlikview Desktop.

Personal Edition FAQs

Source from manual:

• "With QV personal edition you cannot use your QlikView documents on different computers,

you cannot share your QlikView documents with another unregistered user, or open a Qlik-

View document from another user (exempted are documents specially prepared for personal use by

QlikTech). However, documents created in QlikView Personal Edition can be used with a licensed

copy of QlikView desktop and they can also be published on a QlikView Server."

Hope this helps you

Regards,

Deva

View solution in original post

5 Replies
devarasu07
Master II
Master II

Hi,

Using Personal edition you cannot open a document saved by a licensed QlikView client,

If you have Qlikview Server you can lease license from that.  This is the limitation of personal edition Qlikview Desktop.

Personal Edition FAQs

Source from manual:

• "With QV personal edition you cannot use your QlikView documents on different computers,

you cannot share your QlikView documents with another unregistered user, or open a Qlik-

View document from another user (exempted are documents specially prepared for personal use by

QlikTech). However, documents created in QlikView Personal Edition can be used with a licensed

copy of QlikView desktop and they can also be published on a QlikView Server."

Hope this helps you

Regards,

Deva

buzzy996
Master II
Master II

because tht is the limitation of personal edition,means u can not open others created files more than around 7 times.

Not applicable
Author

Hi

Ok. Many Thanks, But it's too bad this make impossible use the flise shared in the community to learn.

Bye

Achille

Not applicable
Author

Hi

Not applicable
Author

Hi Guys and gals

Not to worry to respond to my message, I have managed to find an alternative, "Power BI" from Microsoft, and it seems to be as good as Qlik Sense and the BIG + is that it does not have this ridiculous limitation on downloading and accessing learning examples.

Thanks

Bye

PS: Can you please go ahead and delete my account and profile on here as I will no longer be needing it, thanks