Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

cumulative aggregation over months

Hi All,

I need to the show the cumulative sums of last 3 months over last 12 months.

For example, iIf I select July 2016, I need to plot the sum(last 3 months may, June, July) of each month over a period of 12 months (Like we did for July.)

Hope am clear.

I tried using the month as dimension and using set analysis get the sum() of 3 months using

sum(aggr(rangesum(above(total sum({<Month=>}amount),0,3)),Month)),

and then trying to do set analysis something like (monthstart={">= $(=num((Max(AddMonths(MonthStart((month)),-11))))) <=$(=num(Max((MonthStart((month)))))) "). But its give allocated memory exceeded error.

Please help

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

May be with calculated dimension

If(MonthYear >= AddMonths(Max(TOTAL MonthYear), -12) and MonthYear <= Max(TOTAL MonthYear), MonthYear)

Expression

RangeSum(Above(Sum({<Month=, monthstart>} amount), 0, 3))

View solution in original post

18 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

And I can't keep the sum of last 3 months to be calculated in the script as I need to keep it dynamic

vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

I would recommend using an as of table

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

So do i need to get the 3 months aggregate using sum({<monthdiff="<3">}value) and then use this in the set analysis??

sunny_talwar

Are you doing this where MonthYear is your dimension... You might be able to do this

RangeSum(Above(Sum({<Month=, monthstart>} amount), 0, 3)) * Avg({<monthstart = {"$(='>=' & Date(MonthStart(Max(monthstart), -11), 'MMM-YYYY') & '<=' & Date(Max(monthstart), 'MMM-YYYY'))"}>} 1)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Sunny, Am using month num as dimension and already has 3 other expressions plotted over

Avg({<monthstart = {"$(='>=' & Date(MonthStart(Max(monthstart), -11), 'MMM-YYYY') & '<=' & Date(Max(monthstart), 'MMM-YYYY'))"}>} 1). Giving 12 months . There is a month selected in the filter. Your expression is getting value only for selected month .

sunny_talwar

Can you share one of the three expressions (or may be all three) which are working?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I have 3 more normal expressions showing data for last 12 months from a selected month. I used month year as dimension and used set analysis like (monthstart={">= $(=num((Max(AddMonths(MonthStart((month)),-11))))) <=$(=num(Max((MonthStart((month)))))) ") for these 3 expressions.

Now i need to show the 3 months aggregated value in the same chart.

Please help

sunny_talwar

If this has worked for your other expressions

monthstart={">= $(=num((Max(AddMonths(MonthStart((month)),-11))))) <=$(=num(Max((MonthStart((month)))))) ")

Then this should work also.... or share a sample

RangeSum(Above(Sum({<Month=, monthstart>} amount), 0, 3)) * Avg({<monthstart={">= $(=num((Max(AddMonths(MonthStart((month)),-11))))) <=$(=num(Max((MonthStart((month))))))"}>} 1)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Sunny,

If we don't keep the filter on month start in Rangesum() part its taking all the month into consideration.

Year=, Month=, Quarter=,Day=,monthstart={">= $(=num((Max(AddMonths(MonthStart((month)),-11))))) <=$(=num(Max((MonthStart((month)))))) ")

is the complete set am using. (If it makes any difference)

Please let me  know if am missing anything