Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iftikhar_aup
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qlikview and lotus/Domino Mail Connectivity

Hi

I want to retrieve data Lotus Notes  / Domino mail server  (.nsf )

for which i NotesSQL is required .

I download NotesSQL 9 from IBM site (ODBC_ND_9.0_W32_EN) & (ODBC_ND_9.0_W64_EN).

It the time of installation it give me an error

Snap 2017-05-15 at 10.42.53.png

9 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

What if you are moving Yes?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
iftikhar_aup
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank  Anil Babu Samineni

I am using

IBM Notes 9

Social Edition

Release 9.0.1

Revision 20131022.1138 (Release 9.0.1)

it install normally but when i create connection i give me the following error

nsqlc32.dll not found.

Now i download nsqlc32.dll

Snap 2017-05-15 at 11.46.47.png

copy nsqlc322.dll into C:\NotesSQL

Now again i create a connection  and it give me error

Snap 2017-05-15 at 11.54.11.png

Anil_Babu_Samineni

I never worked with this? But, I would suggest you to ask IT team related connection

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
iftikhar_aup
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

ODBC is a generic interface to offload data from a multitude of application stores, file formats and database systems. QlikView only uses ODBC as an interface, and as such is entirely agnostic about the implementation details of a particular end-point product or implementation. QlikView didn't invent ODBC and doesn't define its characteristics.

I think you will get better feedback if you post this issue in a Lotus Notes forum, where more participants may know about getting this particular interface up-and-running. If you have a supported version of Lotus Notes, you can even go to Notes product support (if that IBM department is still alive )

Best,

Peter

iftikhar_aup
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks a lot  Peter Cammaert

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

For example, what I found after doing a simple Mr.Google query is this:

IBM A Guide to Getting Started with NotesSQL - United States

One of the first items on this page is a list of software requirements to install/use NotesSQL. The 3rd item is particularly interesting:

• Either an IBM Notes client or an IBM Domino server, installed locally to the calling application and driver.

I guess you don't want to install a Domino server locally, so did you install a Notes client first?

iftikhar_aup
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Dear Peter Cammaert

IBM Notes 9

Social Edition

client is already installed in my PC

I download NotesSQL 9 from IBM site (ODBC_ND_9.0_W32_EN) & (ODBC_ND_9.0_W64_EN) and install it in PC

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Check the list of supported Notes/Domino versions and the required NotesSQL package. Do they match your setup?

And so on...