6 Replies Latest reply: Jul 19, 2017 1:50 AM by Braham Edwards RSS

Queued jobs

Braham Edwards

Morning All

I would appreciate it if someone could shed some light on a problem that has recently surfaced. We start our daily builds at 5 am every day. There are a number of jobs scheduled to run from 5 to about 8 every day. Some are scheduled to run concurrently, while others are scheduled to run by themselves. Many of the job overlap. Since about 4 days ago some of the jobs do not run when scheduled. They run up to about 30 minutes later than scheduled. I saw one job this morning that was 'queued'. While it was queued there was only 1 other job running. The system is configured to run 6 parallel jobs. Our system has 12 cores and 132 G/Bytes of memory.

Some assistance on where to go and look to find the problem will be appreciated. I have looked at the server log file, but there do not seem to be any errors logged.

Thanks

Braham

• Re: Queued jobs
          Chip Matejowsky

Hello Braham,

Can you please post the Task log of the failed/delayed task? It would be really helpful to see what is written in the log.

Thanks.

- Chip

Braham Edwards

Hi Chip

Please find attached the log file.

Regards

Braham

Chip Matejowsky

Braham,

Hey. The task log didn't have as much information as I hoped it would. Could you also post the QDS root log & LoadBalancer log for yesterday as well? The default location for these logs are %ProgramData%\QlikTech\DistributionService\1\Log and have a naming convention of "Root_date.txt" & "LoadBalancer_date.txt". Hopefully they will have more information.

FYI - The default thresholds for Queued status are 75% CPU usage and 90% memory usage. It is possible to configure the thresholds which trigger the "Queued" status in the QMC in %Program Files%\QlikView\Distribution Service\QVDistributionService.exe.config file

The default values are:

<!-- If the CPU usage % goes above this value the machine is considered overloaded and no new tasks will be started. -->
                <add key="CpuOverloadLimit" value="75" />
                <!-- If the memory usage % goes above this value the machine is considered overloaded and no new tasks will be started. -->
                <add key="MemoryOverloadLimit" value="90" />

-Chip