Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
luizcdepaula
Creator III
Creator III

On demand app error - June 2017

Hello experts,

After upgrading Qlik Sense from 3.1 SR5 to June 2017, we started getting an error message when opening an app.

The upgrade was done successfully and there was no error messages. All apps migrated successfully as well. After, all apps migrated successfully, I opened an app, and all the Base Sheets are displayed properly. After clicking on a sheet, when it starts opening, an error message appears "On-demand app error". I tried to open several apps, and they all do the same thing. NO On-demand app feature is being used.

LD

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
luizcdepaula
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hello Experts,

I was able to find the solution for the problem and I will post it here in case someone has the same issue.

On the new version June 2017, Qlik Sense requires the creation of a domain service account, instead a local user account. As all services were set up with the local user, after creating the domain account, I had to manually change the account, from local to domain, on each Qlik service. This is because the system does allow you to change the service account during the upgrade.

There is a new On-demand service after the upgrade, and for some reason it did not take the new domain service account, and the log folder it creates, did not have access authorization to the domain service account. After some troubleshooting and realizing the issue, I added the domain service account with read and write permission to the log folder. After doing this, all services are running, the error is gone, and Assets panel is now being displayed.

LD

View solution in original post

5 Replies
luizcdepaula
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hello Experts,

I was able to find the solution for the problem and I will post it here in case someone has the same issue.

On the new version June 2017, Qlik Sense requires the creation of a domain service account, instead a local user account. As all services were set up with the local user, after creating the domain account, I had to manually change the account, from local to domain, on each Qlik service. This is because the system does allow you to change the service account during the upgrade.

There is a new On-demand service after the upgrade, and for some reason it did not take the new domain service account, and the log folder it creates, did not have access authorization to the domain service account. After some troubleshooting and realizing the issue, I added the domain service account with read and write permission to the log folder. After doing this, all services are running, the error is gone, and Assets panel is now being displayed.

LD

lachlanwwells
Partner - Contributor III

Thanks Luiz - you're a lifesaver.

Experienced the exact same problem

For those who have access to Qlik KB the associated instructions are here:

https://qliksupport.force.com/QS_CaseWizardKnowledgeArticle?id=kA5D00000004NwXKAU

"Replace all child permissions on the ProgramData/Qlik folder with those of the service account running the services"

luizcdepaula
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Lachlan,

This is an easier way to do it, and most likely avoid the issue I had when the new service was added. Thanks for the tip.

LD

agenorcanal
Contributor III
Contributor III

Thanks a lot ! Save my day !

wendywallace

Have same issue on version April 2019 SR1