Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to associate 2 tables with diff dates

I have tried to ask the question before here https://community.qlik.com/thread/280447   but it was probably due to my poor sample data, failed to describe clearly. This time around I have tried my best. as seen below I have 2 tables that have 3 common fields: Country, Region & Payment Group. In the app attached, I have tried to fix that problem with a link table. My main req is to associate [Date Purchased] with[ Date Ordered] so that [Date ordered] is 1 month behind. For eg. data in Mar 2017 for [Date Purchased] should link with data in Feb 2017 for [Date Ordered]. if common fields were not a problem then this was solved by marcowedel‌ by connecting with monthname([Date Ordered],1) -----monthname([Date Purchased]) Thank you Marco for your help.

PurchaseSales
CountryCountry
RegionRegion
Payment GroupPayment Group
Date PurchasedDate Ordered
SalesCOGS
Row CountExpenses

to sum it up my req is to sum(COGS) Dec 2016[Date Ordered] for Jan 2017[Date Purchased], Jan 2017[Date Ordered] for Feb 2017[Date Purchased] and so on as suggested below. Purchased month is just a monthstart aggregate. how do I achieve it. Any help would be great.

straight table.PNG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Can you check if attached looks like what you wanted

View solution in original post

2 Replies
sunny_talwar

Can you check if attached looks like what you wanted

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you sunny for taking the time to go through and for your swift and accurate answer as always.

Regards. this made my day.