5 Replies Latest reply: Feb 27, 2018 2:26 PM by Pablo Labbe RSS

Dynamic Pareto / ABC (with a twist)

Jens Kuelpmann

Hello all,

I am trying to come up with a formula in Sense that gives the Pareto- / ABC-class of orders as a dimension. While something like

If(RangeSum(Above(Sum(Meas1), 0, RowNo())) / Sum(TOTAL Meas1) <= 0.8, 'A', If(RangeSum(Above(Sum(Meas1), 0, RowNo())) / Sum(TOTAL Meas1) <= 0.95, 'B', 'C'))

works well as a measure when the orders are there as a dimension and I can sort them there, I am looking for a way to integrate the sorted order Dimension into the ABC-class (or something similar?). Showing individual orders themselves as dimension does not make sense because there can be thousands of them.

I have tried different combinations of Aggr() but the sorting does not seem to work, so my results so far have been wrong.

Example:

Aggr(If(RangeSum(Above(Sum(Meas1), 0, RowNo())) / Sum(TOTAL Meas1) <= 0.8, 'A', If(RangeSum(Above(Sum(Meas1), 0, RowNo())) / Sum(TOTAL Meas1) <= 0.95, 'B', 'C')), (Dim1, (Sum(Meas1), DESCENDING)))

I suspect I need more / nested Aggr() functions or to put them in different places?

Any help would be greatly appreciated -- Jens