Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
warfollowmy_ver
Creator III
Creator III

Copying settings for document updates with access

Hello.

Recently, it became unclear what is happening to our QV server, there are thoughts of deleting and reinstalling everything, but the main thing that bothers with this is a huge number of documents and accesses.

Who knows how to copy the settings for updating documents and accessing them?

Because it is very long to do this manually and there is a risk of making mistakes.

I anticipate the answer in advance - nothing (big hot greetings to the QV development team).

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
warfollowmy_ver
Creator III
Creator III
Author

C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\ManagementService\QVPR\Backups

This is it ?

View solution in original post

3 Replies
warfollowmy_ver
Creator III
Creator III
Author

C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\ManagementService\QVPR\Backups

This is it ?

marcus_sommer

I have never done it to re-install a QlikView environment else only a few times when we had to upgrade our release (from prod to dev and vice versa). And then I transferred all data from:

\\YourServer\YourDrive\QlikViewServer\ProgramData (we don't use C:\)

and everything worked seamlessly. This meant there reside all data which are needed from the services to run the environment and it's surely a good idea to backup it before changing anything or maybe also on a regular basis.

In your case it's not so easy applicable because you assume that there are any errors within your settings and you would just copy them, too. This meant you would need some strategy to do it step by step and checking what is working or not and/or to find out what are the most relevant respectively most labor-intensive parts of your settings and backup them - and then installing a complete new QlikView with it's default-settings and using these special backup-parts to shortcut the new configuration.

It's definitely not an easy task and my thoughts are going only partly in the direction of your question but nevertheless I hope it gives you some ideas …

- Marcus

warfollowmy_ver
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Yes, I was right. Just checked.

These settings are unpacked into a folder and the services are restarted.

The settings for access and update schedules are restored.