Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
supriyabiware
Creator
Creator

Add a text in straight table - should be included in excel export

Hi All,

I have a requirement of adding a small text 'Confidential Data' at the end (or anywhere) in a straight table which must be included while exporting it to excel

Any Ideas/Suggestions on how this is possible?

Thanks

Supriya.

5 Replies
jaumecf23
Creator III
Creator III

You can create an extra Expression (Column) with the message in the first row. Something like that:

if(RowNo()=1,'Confidential Data')

supriyabiware
Creator
Creator
Author

hello,

Thanks for your response. unfortunately this solution isnt working. there are many rows where 'Confidential Data' is appearing with this expression.

if possible I wanted an extra row to be added at the end or top (total row is already occupied)

Regards,

Supriya

supriyabiware
Creator
Creator
Author

Has anyone faced this situation or has any idea on this? i searched and am finding negative answers for adding static row in a straight table ?

marcus_sommer

AFAIK there is no feature implemented to add a static row into a table but you could try to add this information into an expression and/or a "dummy" dimension similar to the logic suggested by Jaume - whereby beside the rowno() you could also query the columnno() or with dimensionality() the total- respectively data-layer. Further you might split your text into several parts to distribute them over several columns and/or setting some of them with argb(0,0,0,0) to a transparent text-color to avoid a visible repeating.

I assume that even with some efforts the result won't be look "very good" but it will be in general possible to add the information.

An alternatively might be to enable the option that the selection state of your document is added to the export (within the user properties in tab export on the bottom left). If you than have an appropriate dummy field created and selected the text would be added to the export-table.

Beside this I'm not sure if "Confidential Data" makes much sense if this export comes in the wrong hands - will they destroy it and forget about it ... mmmh I doubt ...

- Marcus

supriyabiware
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks For your reply

I too had the same question but EU is very serious about the data privacy and confidentiality that they are including this text everywhere and anywhere

Add hidden current selection to Excel Export?

I have created another discussion as you suggested for stamping the same in current selection.

But i doubt if it can be hidden from there and only included in the export

Thanks

Supriya