Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
absekrafi
Creator III
Creator III

Calculated dimension

Dear Qlikview community,

I created a pivot table and I want to add a calculated dimension in order to group all regions.

Region is a dimension in my pivot table.

I used this expression : { <REGION = {"*"}>} but this didn't work.

The aim of this calculated dimension is to group the regions in one.

Please help me out, where is the mistake?

Best regards,

Abdallah

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
absekrafi
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Dilip,

Regions are'nt grouped under company. I have an oracle table called region (regid, sigreg (short of the regions),...) but these regions are not grouped. I want to add a dimension which I can expand in order to group all the data related to these regions such as qte produced, qte sold, qte bought as so on (qte: quantity), in a pivot table.

U would like to attach part of what I have, but the attachement link is not available I will look where I can find it.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
sunny_talwar

So, for example if you have three regions A, B, and C... what exactly are you looking to see? ABC? or just a generic name like Region? or what?

absekrafi
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Sunny,

Lets say I have region A, B and C.

and the name of my company is ABC, I would like to be able to group all regions in one new dimension (ABC) in a pivot table in order to get the total quantity sold, transferred and produced for example.

Abdallah

sunny_talwar

So, all regions for the particular company? May be this as your 2nd dimension after Company

Aggr(Concat(Regions, ', '), Company)

dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

If the regions are grouped under Company. Why the need for a separate dimension? You can use company as the dimension i would have thought.

Would be helpful if you have sample data and sample output

absekrafi
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Dilip,

Regions are'nt grouped under company. I have an oracle table called region (regid, sigreg (short of the regions),...) but these regions are not grouped. I want to add a dimension which I can expand in order to group all the data related to these regions such as qte produced, qte sold, qte bought as so on (qte: quantity), in a pivot table.

U would like to attach part of what I have, but the attachement link is not available I will look where I can find it.

sunny_talwar

Look here on how to attach

Uploading a Sample