5 Replies Latest reply: Jun 7, 2012 9:32 AM by Guy Davidovich RSS

    Qlikview 11 server upgrade

      Hi,

       

      Since upgrading to Qlikview Server 11 over the weekend, our automatic reloads have stopped working.

       

      We have checked what user account the distribution service is running as and that it does have full acess to the folder which contains our QVW files.

       

      We're a bit stumped what might be causing this...

       

      Update:

      We have tried moving one of our documents to the default (root) folder C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Documents which then works, so it is only when we try to reload documents in one of our mounted folders that it falls over.

       

      An example of a failing reload log follows:

       

       

      (2011-12-12 09:21:36) Information: Starting task 'Live Documents/QVD Generators/QVD Generator OTMs.qvw'. Id:d0e4c5f4-df45-4ee3-b249-94ddaaa3ec22. Triggered by 'ManualStartTrigger'. Id:00000001-0002-0003-0405-0607080a0b0c

      (2011-12-12 09:21:36) Information: Entering Task Execution.

      (2011-12-12 09:21:36) Information: ClusterID=1

      (2011-12-12 09:21:36) Information: QDSID=bdca543c-48e5-8cb4-2575-908428478800

      (2011-12-12 09:21:36) Information: TaskID=d0e4c5f4-df45-4ee3-b249-94ddaaa3ec22

      (2011-12-12 09:21:36) Information: MaxRunTime=06:00:00

      (2011-12-12 09:21:36) Information: Max attempts:1

      (2011-12-12 09:21:36) Information: Current Attempt=0

      (2011-12-12 09:21:36) Information: Task Dependencies are OK

      (2011-12-12 09:21:36) Error: The task "Live Documents/QVD Generators/QVD Generator OTMs.qvw" failed. Exception:

      (2011-12-12 09:21:36) Error: QDSMain.Exceptions.DistributionFailedException: Distribute failed with errors to follow. ---> QDSMain.Exceptions.SourceDocumentNotFoundException: Could not find SourceDocument (Distribution): qvp://acdata02/Live Documents/QVD Generators/QVD Generator OTMs.qvw

      (2011-12-12 09:21:36) Error:    at QDSMain.DistributeTask.Execute(TaskResult currentTaskResult)

      (2011-12-12 09:21:36) Error:    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

      (2011-12-12 09:21:36) Error:    at QDSMain.DistributeTask.Execute(TaskResult currentTaskResult)

      (2011-12-12 09:21:36) Error:    at QDSMain.Task.AbstractTask.TaskExecution(ILogBucket logBucket, TaskResult taskResult)

      (2011-12-12 09:21:36) Information: Task Execute Duration=00:00:00.0460046

      (2011-12-12 09:21:36) Information: TaskResult.status=Finished

      (2011-12-12 09:21:36) Information: Notifying all triggers of new state:FinishedWithErrors

      (2011-12-12 09:21:36) Information: Notifying all triggers of new state:FinishedWithErrors - completed

      (2011-12-12 09:21:36) Information: Saving Task Result

        • Qlikview 11 server upgrade

          OK I think we've solved this but it is annoying to say the least!

           

          It turns out that we had spaces in our Mounted Folders names e.g. Live Documents

           

          It also turns out that Qlikview 11 doesn't seem to like this because as soon as we changed the name to one without spaces, the reloads started working again.

           

          Of course, the issue we have now is that we need to unallocate all of our licenses, rename the mounted folders, then reallocate our licenses (taking into account some of them will be quarantined) in order to get our reloads working.

           

          Are Qliktech aware of this issue?

            • Re: Qlikview 11 server upgrade
              James Walton

              We have just come across the same issue! Our reloads worked fine after removing the space from a mounted folder.

               

              Why did you have to re allocate licenses though??

               

              EDIT: To answer my own question - the CALs appear to be linked to the mounted folder path name. So if you change the folder name, you have to remove all the CALs first, then re-assign them once the folder name is updated.

              • Qlikview 11 server upgrade
                Guy Davidovich

                Hi, That's was exactly my problem! once you take out the spaces from the Mounted Folder name, all the problem were gone! the main problem thats QlikView does not say anywhere that there is a problem using spaces, especially when in other places is allowed (like QVW name).

              • Qlikview 11 server upgrade

                Me too. Same problem. Same solution.

                • Qlikview 11 server upgrade

                  Thanks for the fix. We were also facing the same issue and after removing the space from mounted folders we were all set. Thanks alot!