2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 19, 2012 8:03 PM by Niels van Diermen RSS

Assign the Include file to a Variable

Hi There,

I thought I could assign the Include file to a variable. I did a quick test but obviously didn't look at the result properly.

LET sConnectwiseConnectionString = $(Include=$(vConnectionFilePath));

LET sConnectwiseConnectionString = Replace($(sConnectwiseConnectionString), 'CONNECT TO','');

CONNECT TO $(sConnectwiseConnectionString);

Knowing that my file that is located at $(vConnectionFilePath) contains one line like below.

CONNECT TO [Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Integrated Security=SSPI;Persist Security Info=False;Initial Catalog=myDB;Data Source=ServerName];

I see that by using the LET syntax in the saved file it will save the connection to a variable.

e.g. LET sConnectwiseConnectionString = [Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Integrated Security=SSPI;Persist Security Info=False;Initial Catalog=myDB;Data Source=ServerName];

then

$(Include=$(vConnectionFilePath));

As nstefaniuk pointed out to me here but I didn't read it properly. http://community.qlik.com/thread/41760

I don't have the option of changing the connection file as there are hundreds out there on various customer systems.

Is there a way of getting the text in a file into a variable in the load script?

Hope so

Thanks