I installed QlikView 11 web application on IIS 6.1.
I need to authenticate users as Windows domain users, but I want to avoid them to insert username and password in the browser popup. I also need QV web application to be available to them also outside of the intranet. Users login to our web application with credentials that are the same as windows domain credentials in the intranet. Then with a link they open QV and I don't want them to retype their credentials.
So I found this way:
- in IIS for each application in qlikview site, I set as authentication both Anonymous Authentication e Windows Authentication
- in QlikView Management Console > System > Setup > QlikView Web Servers > QVWS@SERVERNAME > Authentication
- Authentication = Always
- Type = Ntlm
- Login Address = Custom login page /qlikview/login3.aspx
- I created the file C:\Program Files\QlikView\Web\login3.aspx
- The link we use to open QV is http://SERVER_IP/login3.aspx?username=UUU&password=PPP; I know it's not secure, but I start making it work and then I'll enhance secury.
Results and problems
Using IE or Chrome, it logs in automatically using credentials we passed.
I tried to solve the issue by
- adding SERVER_IP to Firefox network.automatic-ntlm-auth.trusted-uris and network.negotiate-auth.trusted-uris properties (in about:config page)
- removing <authentication mode="Windows" /> tag or setting mode to "None", in the web.config file of each QV web application
but nothing worked.
I hope someone could help me. Many thanks!