27 Replies Latest reply: Jul 14, 2017 2:33 PM by Bill Britt RSS

PGO Files

Does someone know any way to parse the pgo files into a qlikview? Thanks

• PGO Files
          Rakesh Mehta

You can't. But you can surely use QMS APIs to get information you are looking for. Search QMS API here in the forum and you will find some information. Also Power Tools would allow you to export some information you might be looking for.

• PGO Files
            Stefan Bäckstrand

There is a diagnostic setting in QlikView Server that allows for the PGO files to be mirrored in XML format for debugging purposes. It is named "PgoAsXmlAlso" and it's value should be "1" if enabled. You can set this in the Settings.ini file for QVS, under the "Settings 7" node in QlikView Server 10 and 11.

• Re: PGO Files
                Rakesh Mehta

Interesting!!! Thanks Stefan.

What if we keep the setting active always? Any side effects or issues with keeping this setting active in production environment?

Stefan Bäckstrand

For data security purposes, and also performance, I would not recommend having this enabled in any environment over extended periods of time. It is a diagnostic easter-egg, not a feature.

Specifically in larger cluster environments where PGO operations needs to be instantaneous, this is very much not recommended.

Rakesh Mehta

Thanks Stefan.

How about reading Meta files? Any trick to that?

Stefan Bäckstrand

Rakesh Mehta wrote:

Thanks Stefan.

How about reading Meta files? Any trick to that?

Yes, but that has to be done with the SharedFileViewer, which is a part of the Power Tools for QlikView: http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-2649. Just note, that reading .meta files in this tool is kind of a "bonus", so never mind the red or pink markings on data in the file, as that does not apply to .meta files, only to .shared files.

Once you get the object list, double click IDs to see the data and venture deeper into the file.

Deepak Kurup

Thanks Stefan

I made a mistake. I wrote PGOAsXmlAlso=1 at the end of the file. I changed it to the top and now its working fine.

Deepak

Rakesh Mehta

Perfect. Thank you Stefan. You're the best.

Fernando Tonial

Hi Stefan,

Very good this easter egg, but how to transform the value of the tag <LastUsed> 40E4063317FCF747 </ LastUsed> format for the Timestamp.

Best Regards,

Tonial.

• PGO Files
                                          Stefan Bäckstrand

That's a good question, it doesn't look like an ordinary timestamp. I'll try and snoop around a bit on that one.

• PGO Files
                                              Bill Britt

Here is another post out there where someone was questioning the data format.

http://community.qlik.com/message/209926#209926

raz herman

Hi,

I have QV 10 SR5 installed.

I have changed my root folder to be a mounted one, and as result i'm left with shadows of qvw's holding CAL's which i can't unassign.

Tried to look for the PGOAsXmlAlso entry, but i can't see it.

The Problem is I have 8 other qvw's with CAL's i don't wanna loose, so I don't want to delete PGO files completely.

Does anyone have a solution?

Thanks,

Raz.

Stefan Bäckstrand

Add some empty dummy qvw documents with the same names (you can find them in the xml copies of the PGO files), this will make them show up in User Documents. You can then remove the Document CAL assignments from the documents in QMC and delete the documents. 

raz herman

Perhaps I was not clear, i've changed the root folder into a mounted one.

The root folder contained sub folders with models like:

<root>\Client1\ClientBI.qvw

<root>\Client2\ClientBI.qvw

etc'.

I wanted all this models to be under section named production so i moved the folder into mount and gave it an alias.

so now i have in the document list:

Production

Client1\ClientBI.qvw

Client2\ClientBI.qvw

etc'. which is great

but i also have

CLIENTBI.QVW

CLIENTBI.QVW

holding CAL's which i can't release.

Stefan Bäckstrand

The same suggestion still applies. Create a document named "Clientbi.qvw" and place in your root, and then delete CALs from this document. If you are afraid of collision, move the original good documents out of the root first.

raz herman

I'm not sure i'm following:

I now have a new root folder that contains no models,

a mounted folder (the old root) that contains the models, and a list of non existence models holding up CAL's.

Do you suggests creating qvw's called Clientbi.qvw in the new root folder which wll then allow me to release the CAL's and then delete the documents?

Or do you reffer to the old root that is now a mounted folder?

Thanks for your help.

Stefan Bäckstrand

It's all relative to what path the documents that's "stealing" your CALs are having. If they are supposedly located (before moved) in the root, that's where the dummy documents must be for the CALs to be manually released by you. Then you remove these dummy documents.

The reason why you can't remove the CAL assignments is that there is no underlying documents. If there are underlying documents (dummy documents) you can delete the assignments.

It probably looks like this for you:

NewRoot

> OldRoot

>> Document1.qvw

>> Document2.qvw

Now, your new documents has a "fully qualified path" that's "\OldRoot\Document1.qvw" and "\OldRoot\Document2.qvw". The "ghost" CAL assignments are tagged to the document with path "\Document1.qvw" and "\Document2.qvw". For you to remove these CAL assignments, you need to have "\Document1.qvw" and "\Document2.qvw" for them to "attach" and show up in the QMC, so you can remove the assignments.

raz herman

I tried to follow your instructions:

I copied a model of one of the clients and placed it in the root folder.

I now have in the document list, at the root level:

ClientBI.qvw

CLIENTBI.QVW

CLIENTBI.QVW

the ClientBI.qvw is the newly placed file, and i don't see the Document CAL's tab for this file.

I still can't make any changes to the CLIENTBI.QVW documents.

Stefan Bäckstrand

So, then the path to the document is not correct.

I really don't remember when the PgoAsXmlAlso was implemented, what Service Release of 10 are you on? The setting is also not present as default, but must be added manually in Settings.ini for the server (QVS restart required for .ini to be released), under the Settings7 node.

Then the shadow XML files will appear in the ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer folder (if I remember correctly). In those files, you can clearly see the assignments and their paths.

Deepak Kurup

hi Stefan,

With lots of curoisty I  tried  the above method. but where does the xml file gets created. I am not able to find it

Deepak

• PGO Files

Thanks Stefan !