Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Synthetic table, Composite Key & Model issue

Hello Qlikperts,

I have a problem in my model which is bugging me from past a week and half.

I'm working on a data model which is building on already existing model, So what ever i'm doing must not to impact the existing model.

My exisitng model Fact table is a fact built with bunch of tables (7 to 😎 by joining them to fact table. when i'm trying to work on a requirement i'm ending up with a synthetic table which is associting with fact table and my new requirement table. Previously also i got synthetic tables and i removed them by using Qualify/Alias/Creating Composite keys. but In this situtation when i'm trying to create a composite key from two exisitng fields in fact table i'm ending up in a infinite loop.

here is an example of it

Fact :

A, // A Coming into fact from Database source

B, // B Coming into fact from External files.

New_Table:

A,

B,

C,

D,

A&_&B // I'm creating a composite key in my new requirement table.

but to create same composite key in fact and remove synthetic table forming by A & B attributes, I'm creating a temp table and pulling A & B fields from resident table and creating a composite key and again trying to join my Temp table to fact. here is an example how i'm doing it.

Temp:

left join (Fact)

A,

B,

A&_&B // composite key

from resident Fact;

but here my code is not breaking and parsing into next steps.

Can anyone have any idea where i'm getting wrong.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thank you all.

Meher.

7 Replies
Not applicable
Author

One thing i faced was that if you create a table even a temp one whose fields are exactly same as a table which already exists, that step will be skipped. Its as qv cant have mutiple tables with same field names.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Kiran Rokkam.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Kiran,

I'm joining that temp table to fact which ends up with adding attributes to fact and dropping table.

and sometimes people use alias to use same names for different fields so that qlikview will make associations easily on same name fields.

thank you

Meher

Not applicable
Author

Can you share your script and execution log files?

Regards,

Kiran Rokkam.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Kiran,

I'm afraid to say that i can't provide 'em.

thank you

Meher

Not applicable
Author

Please share answer if you got it

Not applicable
Author

Drop the Temp tables to avoid the synthetic keys

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Why dont you use Autonumberhash256 function?

Autonumberhash256(A,B)