25 Replies Latest reply: Mar 1, 2016 1:00 AM by alireza seifollahy RSS

"No Server" Message in Qv 11

alireza seifollahy

Good day everybody.

i use QV (v11)
      i'm facing a "no server" error some time i reach the access point.
      i found that QVS@qlickview-shoab in Qlikview Management Consoel is disconnected at the same time.

for Solving the Problem i must restart QVS service in windows services.
      then it work correct for two or three daye.
      and repeat the problem.

can somebodody help me please?

• Re: "No Server" Message in Qv 11
          Miguel Angel Baeyens de Arce

Hi,

What does the Windows Event Viewer says about the errors when the services are disconnected? Are you running more than one QlikView Server on the same network without clustering?

Miguel

alireza seifollahy

Hi Miguel
              the Windows Event Viewer says anythings when the services are disconnected.
              We Are running two QlikView Server on Our network and they don't relate with them.
              (one of them exist in seprate Vlan)

Thank you for your answer

Fred

Bill Britt

Are you using the same license on both servers? Can you attach the QVS event log?

alireza seifollahy

Hi Bill

No, we aren't.We are using the different license on each server.
                      i am providing QVS event log for you.
                      a warning that Exists in QVS event log and i think the problem originate from it, is:

'**************
                      Warning 6/30/2012 6:06:13 AM QlikViewServer 500 None "The description for Event ID 500 from source QlikViewServer cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

Document Load: The document E:\Qv Application\DWH.qvw failed to load because of no access [15].
                      '**************

and another one:

'**************

Information 6/30/2012 7:44:47 AM QlikViewWebServer 0 None Service started successfully.
                      Information 6/30/2012 7:44:40 AM QlikViewWebServer 0 None Service stopped successfully.
                      Error 6/30/2012 7:44:39 AM .NET Runtime 1026 None Application: QVWebServer.exe
                      Framework Version: v4.0.30319
                      Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
                      Exception Info: System.ApplicationException
                      Stack:
                         at System.Net.HttpListener.BeginGetContext(System.AsyncCallback, System.Object)
                         at QlikView.AccessPoint.HttpServiceComponent.HandleRequest(System.IAsyncResult)
                         at System.Net.LazyAsyncResult.Complete(IntPtr)
                         at System.Net.ListenerAsyncResult.WaitCallback(UInt32, UInt32, System.Threading.NativeOverlapped*)
                         at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(System.Object)
                         at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode, CleanupCode, System.Object)
                         at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
                         at System.Threading._IOCompletionCallback.PerformIOCompletionCallback(UInt32, UInt32, System.Threading.NativeOverlapped*)

Error 6/30/2012 7:38:40 AM QlikViewServer 300 None "The description for Event ID 300 from source QlikViewServer cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

Restart: Server aborted trying to recover by restart. Reason for restart: Internal inconsistency, type D, detected."
                      Error 6/30/2012 7:38:39 AM QlikViewServer 300 None "The description for Event ID 300 from source QlikViewServer cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

Restart: Server aborted trying to recover by restart. Reason for restart: Internal inconsistency, type D, detected."

'**************

Fred
                      Best regard

On the assumption you have the services all running correctly, I would try restarting QVS and Web services first, if that fails to cure the problem copy the LEF file save it elsewhere and delete the LEF file and apply the LEF again in QMC or QMEC once more, this should fix your problem.

Hope this helps?

Thanks Steve

Felim Shanaghy

You may need to rename your server Fred, a current bug in Qlikview requires the server name to be less than 12 chars for it to work properly.  Ensure you do a full uninstall and reinstall, we didnt and had plenty of residual issues, this should fix your issue.

alireza seifollahy

Hi Felim,

Thanks,

I can't rename my servername, many users are using the server by the current server name(that have more than 12 characters), and i don't think the problem caused by this case (server name has more than 12 char)!!!

however thanks for all of your help.

Fred

Hi Fred

I've had the same issue with our QV server, the root-cause was that all the communication between the IE plugin and the QV server was tunneled through the QVP prococol. Check if your applications are configured to always tunnel, and deselect if they are.

What caused the tunneling problem was that we published the accesspoint through a Microsoft TMG (former ISA server), and that worked great, except when using the IE plugin. Our scenario was like this:

our qlikview server is named 'qv-server.company.local', but the accesspoint was reached via TMG published as 'qv.company.local'. Now the IE plugin uses the QVP when opening the applications, and it does so directly communicating with the server - not the accesspoint adress. Make sure that the PC's have direct access to the QV server, on the QVP port - 4747 as far as I remenber.

Hope it helps.

/Rasmus

alireza seifollahy

Hi Sara

1) I don't Underestan some of your word (such as 'Check if your applications are configured to always tunnel, and deselect if they are')

2) our scenario is diffrent as you

3) "Make sure that the PC's have direct access to the QV server, on the QVP port - 4747". we access to the QV server Via network (WAN), thus we don't have access to QV server directly.

4) we are facing a "No Server" error some time i reach the access point, and then we must restart QVS service in windows services

Thanks for your help

Hi Fred

1) In QEMC, under system->QV Webservers (As shown in picture), make sure that Always tunnel is not checked.

QEMC.PNG

2) Yes, but maybe not that much.

3) Do you use IEPlugin og AJAX? If you are using IEplugin, it will tunnel QVP traffic through your HTTP(S) connection if it cannot reach the QVS directly on port 4747. That was our issue exactly.

Can you check your QV webserver log to see if you are tunneling? Look for log entries looking like: 'Information Tunnel-request'.

4) We were facing the same issue, and it was caused by tunneling.

I hope I've made myself more clear this time, otherwise tell me and I'll try to be very specific.

Regards,

Rasmus

alireza seifollahy

Hi Sara

1) In QEMC, under system->QV Webservers, tunnel always is not checked. but there are some diffrent between your setting and i setting  (As shown in picture):

C_Image.bmp

2) I use IE Plugin and AJAX (IE Plugin is default). I found some word like 'Information Tunnel-request' in QV webserver log.

3) Yes. Our issue is your issue.... what is solution?

you are more clear this time.

best regards,
                                  Fred

Hi Fred

(I'm not sure why the mails from this forum is from Sara - my name is Rasmus. )

1) Okay, so you are not tunneling by choice. I don't know much about the load balancing settings, I don't think that's the problem.

2) Okay, lets then assume that the tunneling causes the issue. I can only guess on this matter, if you want to make sure, before troubleshooting you should contact QlikTech support.

3) Well that's the tricky part, our solution was to allow direct access to the QlikView server from the clients on port 4747. But that doesn't seem to be a viable option for you. I don't think that the AJAX client has the same issue, as AJAX presumably doesn't use QVP traffic to port 4747. Can you disallow the use of IEplugin for a period of time, like a week or so? Just to see if that fixes the issue.

If you - before you disallow ieplugin - want to make sure that the AJAX client doesn't tunnel, you can always try to open up a AJAX session and check the web log for tunneling entries.

If disallowing IEplugin is not the solution for you, i'd recommend you to contact QT support, They might be able to assist you further in your inquiry.

Keep me posted.

Regards,

Rasmus

Eamonn O'Brien

Hi Fred

Did you find a solution to this issue?

Kind Regards

Eamonn

Eamonn O'Brien

Hi

We figured out what caused our issue

NUMA on our Servers was enabled which caused the Sever Instability

To ensure that NUMA is disabled on your Qlikview Server do the following:

1) Stop all Qlikview Services

2) Open up the Settings.INI file located in C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer\

3) Place the command EnableNumaRoundRobin=1 right below [Settings 7]*

4) Close the INI file and Start all Qlikview related Services again.

*When you restart services it is a good idea to open open the Settings.ini file again to see if the EnableNumaRoundRobin=1 was implemented. Sometimes if the command is placed at

the end of the INI the command gets deleted when the Services are started up again.

If you have any queries with the above I would be more than happy to help.

Thanks very much.

Kind Regards

Eamonn