Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Reload option to end user

My QlikView report is reading data from the QVD file. Now I want WEB user to have the option to reload the data in report, not just from QVD file but by generating the new QVD file and fetching the data from that new QVD file. Is it possible in QlikView 10 and if yes then any cons of it.

3 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Assuming that you mean Ajax client (a client who accesses via the AccessPoint provided by QlikView Web Server) by web user, and assuming you want to make the user reload without having access to the QlikView Enterprise Management Console the answer is yes, it is possible. You have to create a new task with an external event trigger (also known as EDX) and call to this using a macro for example. However, there are some cons in regards to allow users to perform reloads on their own...

But if you mean allowing the user to create their own script so they have new QVD files, the answer is no. You can only edit the script using the QlikView Desktop, and opening locally the file.

Hope that makes sense.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel,

Thanks for the information. What I understood from the explanation is I can have button on which click a micro will run to reload the data in QVD and then from QVD to QVW. Is this right ?

Could you please share the cons of it or let me know from where i can get more information on it.

Thanks

ramkumar

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Yes, that's what I meant. The cons are, in first place, that you are using macros, and that has a very important impact in performance degradation. In second place, allowing users to reload the whole data model may create conflicts between the information that was reloaded when the distribution service did it and the new model that the user is pulling from the data source.

There are some settings in the Server so that having only one copy in memory, so when the user clicks on the button and starts the reload, all users are disconnected until this user called reload finishes.

Hope that makes sense.

Miguel