Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Problem running macro...

Hi everybody..

I writed a small macro to sort a straight table in different ways, i also created a button with an action "run macro" to run the previous macro...

But the problem is, when i hit the button instead of run the macro the edit module dialog appears....

Im just beggining using macros and i suspect its a configuration issue because i already checked the macro and it had no errors....

Could you help me out?

Thanks in advance.

8 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Under Tools: Edit Module change your security settings to the following and see if it helps:

Capture.JPG

Not applicable
Author

YOu set into a module macro the  OPTION "ACCESSO al sistema " "CONSENTI ACCESSO SISTEMA"(IN ITALIAN). iN ENGLISH I CAN'T TRADUCE. YOU CAN THE SECOND OPTION

Not applicable
Author

That translates to System Access > Allow System Access in English

Not applicable
Author

I did as you instructed me and still having the same problem... coul it be anything else?

Not applicable
Author

TH FILE IS LOAD IN A  ACCESPOINT OR LOCAL ?

CAN YOU PASS ME A FILE ?

Not applicable
Author

Did you confirm that the name of the macro is identical to the name of the macro in the button action? Other than the macro itself containing an error, that's all I can think of. Marco, do you have any ideas?

Not applicable
Author

Yes its the same name, here are the screenshots:

(Of the macro)

()MACRO_QLIK1.png

And the button:

BUTTON1.png

BUTTON2.png

All the datasources are local(in hard drive) excel sheets since i'm developing the aplication in a laptop.

Not applicable
Author

Same happned to me, and I found that there was an error in my macro code. So fixed the error, and all worked fine.