Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Error :Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Hello,

When i enter the path , username & Password in Active Directory i am getting the below error

"Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

Path for active Directory

QEMC--> System-->active Directoryhttp://

Anyone is having any idea about this error.Please let me know

Attached is the screenshot for more detail.

4 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

To start I would try to hit the icon to the right of the path field and use the default. This is normally all you have to do. The Service account should be able to ping the AD for user information so the password shouldn't be needed.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Hi Bill,

Thanks for your reply....

Actually we want to move from AD(Ative Directory) to ED (Enterprise Directory) & becos of that we have changed the path , username & password.

& when i am trying to hit thr right icon of path field it is redirecting to my old path means when i hit the icon new path is replaced by the old path.

Any solution to this will be helpful.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Then I think you will have to use the Configurable LDAP. This would also require you to write a SSO page to authenticate your users outside of Microsoft.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Hi Bill,

I tried this solution as well but it didn't work for me.