38 Replies Latest reply: Jan 18, 2016 10:55 AM by Tyler Waterfall RSS

Governance Dashboard Script Error

Bastian Trompetter

Hello,

I installed the Governance Dashboard on our Qlikview 11 Server.

But I always get a Script Error in the hidden part:

Table not found

DateIsland:

LOAD

1 as MaxID,

Max(LoadDate) as MaxLoadDt

Resident FileList

Did somebody has the same issue?

Best wishes

Bastian

• Re: Governance Dashboard Script Error
          Michael Tarallo

Hello Bastian

I have seen this error before - can you please tell me a little about your environment?

• Version of the QVGD - I assume the recent Beta 1.0?
          • Are you using a VM?
          • Operating system
          • Version of QlikView Desktop you are using to load the .qvw? - I assume 11 SR x?

Try running a reload again - CTRL+R - or click scan. Please repeat that a few times.

Please let me know

Regards,

Mike T

Bastian Trompetter

Hallo Mike,

I download the Beta 1.0 Version from the Qlikview Market. We are using a VM but it's a single VM on one Machine.

We use Qlikview 11.00.11307.0 SR1 with the Customer Patch for the Publisher Bug.

I open the Dashboard in the Qlikview Desktop on our Server with Version 11.00.112882.0 SR1 64-bit

We are using Windows Server 2003

Operating SystemMicrosoft Windows Server 2003 R2 Service Pack 2 (64 bit edition)

Operating System Version5.2.3790

I try to reload it but it doesn't work.

QVGD Error.png

We have the Publisher and Server Logfiles in a seperate folder.

CTRL + R won't work.

Best wishes

Bastian

Michael Tarallo

I download the Beta 1.0 Version from the Qlikview Market. We are using a VM but it's a single VM on one Machine.

AH HA! - I thought so. I have already informed engineering. I have seen this before in some of my pre-beta testing -but only on VMs. I have not isolated the problem myself just yet. However I will come back to you promptly once I hear back from engineering.

Do you have another HOST machine you can try this on in the mean-time?

Regards,

Mike T

Bastian Trompetter

Hello Mike,

on my local machine I didn't get the error after one minute. It looks like working.

But I have to uninstall the Expressor Suite and reinstall the QVGD because with an installed version oif expressor I get a connector error.

Did it read the complete qvw files over the network? We have e.G. one 4 GB Dashboard on our server. OR did it readf only the meta data?

Is it possible to analyze the logfiles with a Desktop Client on my local host or is this only working on the server?

Best wishes

Bastian

Michael Tarallo

Hey Bastian -

But I have to uninstall the Expressor Suite and reinstall the QVGD because with an installed version of expressor I get a connector error.

I'd like to have our team possibly investigate this "if" it becomes a problem after installing. The QVGD comes with its own QlikView Expressor engine and is independent of the QlikView Expressor Desktop and engine components that come with the Full Installer. Please open another post specifically for this if it does become a problem.

Did it read the complete qvw files over the network? We have e.G. one 4 GB Dashboard on our server. OR did it read only the meta data?

If the paths you include in the configuration sheet of the QVGD are shared network drives and even possibly UNC "\\machine_name\share" (I have not tested UNC yet - but I believe I heard this works too) then yes it will scan that file over the network and grab the metadata from it to build the associative data model. I do believe file size will pay an important role. I am not sure if there is logic in the scan that will bypass pieces in the file that are not needed. If this becomes an issue - please let me know in a separate thread.

Is it possible to analyze the log files with a Desktop Client on my local host or is this only working on the server?

Yes and Yes - since the QlikView Governance Dashboard is a QlikView application which utilizes QlikView Expressor technology - either installed on a local client desktop with shared and/or network paths to all the required server files (profiles, document paths, log files etc) OR installed on the QlikView Server - you can create a publisher task to scan the environment unattended and display the results in AccessPoint.

It is recommended that you install QVGD on the same machine as the server and have QlikView Desktop installed on that machine as well.

See the installed documentation - file:///C:/ProgramData/QlikTech/Governance_1.0Beta/doc/index.htm

..for more information

Check out the FAQ too:

http://qlikmarket.qlik.com/qvajaxzfc/pdf/Data-Governance_FAQ-US.pdf

Let me know how you do.

Regards,

Mike T

Michael Tarallo

Hello Bastian -

I moved the discussion thread to this forum based on PM advisement. So please take note you are in the:

"Deployment and Management (Server/Publisher/AJAX/IE/Web Parts)" forum now.

As per engineering:

R&D believes that they have isolated the cause of this defect in executing the QlikView Expressor Connector.  The defect is believed to be in the QVX protocol’s reply handling logic of QVSR2 and earlier (it is not a Governance Dashboard or Connector bug).  The QV11 R&D team is looking into this and believes that the fix can possibly be incorporated into a QV11SR2 Update to be released in the next 2 to 3 weeks.

We have noticed that the problem is more prevalent on machines with 2 or fewer cores available to QlikView and, in particular, VMs.  Machines with 4 to 8 (or more) cores tend not to create the conditions under which the defective code path is executed.

We will update you when appropriate.

Regards,

Mike T

Terje Knappen

Hi Mike

Just to confirm your feedback.

I get the same error at one of our customers.

The server is on a VM with Win 2008 R2 and 1 cpu.

I have the latest QV version installed (11, sr2) and I downloaded the QVGD today.

Regards

Terje

Michael Tarallo

Thanks Terje - check out this link to see the list of known issues and approaches that may help:

http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-3546

Mike T

Bastian Trompetter

Hallo

when did you expect to fix the issue with the virtual machine?

Because creating a data linage is only possible on the server. OR can I run QGDB on my PC to get the data linage?

Best wishes

Bastian

Ricardo Gerhard

I´m useing Amazon and get the same error.

Attached the file with my log configurations.Configurações.png

Machine Information

Computer NameAMAZONA-P0BIBBH

Operating System VersionWin32_OperatingSystem=@ X64 (Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1)

.NET Version4.0.30319.269

Physical Memory7679Mb

Available Memory4359Mb

CPU Information

CPU 0Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU           E5645  @ 2.40GHz

CPU 1Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU           E5645  @ 2.40GHz
                                        Michael Tarallo

Hello Ricardo - do not use spaces in your document scan path and let me know.

Regards,

Mike T

Ricardo Gerhard

Same error, when I disable Has Log Server, the problem didn´t occur.

The problem only occur when the document read Logs is enabled.

I´ve Publisher and didn´t enable

Michael Tarallo

Hello Ricardo - can you please verify all of the following listed in the following document and let me know if any of it has fixed the issue:

http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-3546

This issue (script error) has been reported and is being fixed, however if none of the items in the document fix the issue it might be related to the VM.

I assume you are getting the DateIsland Script error when running the scan of the QVGD?

I will have one of our team look at this too to get another set of eyes on it.

Regards,

Mike T

Michael Tarallo

Hello Ricardo

Can you also attach the following logs:

C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Governance_1.0Beta\profiles\default\Governance Dashboard.qvw.log

C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Governance_1.0Beta\profiles\default\QVX_LastRun\FullScan.Messages.log

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\expressor\expressorQlikViewConnector.log

Thanks

Mike T

Marcelo Gittermann

Hello Michael,

I get the same error. I have a physical server with Windows Server 2008 R2 64-bit.

I have several folders in my source document path. One folder is called "In Production" and another is called "Prod" and a third one is called "QVD Load".

When I add "In Production" to the list i get the DateIsland error and when I search the others it works just fine. I thought that the space in "In Production" might have been the cause but the folder "QVD Load" works so logically it has to be something else. What can I do?

EDIT:

Also, how do I change to western formatting of dates? And in some parts the letters "å ä ö" are either replaced with weird characters or just skipped. In other parts they are displayed correctly.

Cheers,

Marcelo G.

Michael Tarallo

Hello Marcelo - can you send these logs - attach to the thread you respond with:

C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Governance_1.0Beta\profiles\default\Governance Dashboard.qvw.log

C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Governance_1.0Beta\profiles\default\QVX_LastRun\FullScan.Messages.log

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\expressor\expressorQlikViewConnector.log

Thanks

Mike

Ricardo Gerhard

I did it by message because I cannot sent by forum.

Marcelo Gittermann

After your last message I wanted to run the program and give you the logs of both folders. The "In production" that returned an error and the "QVD Load" that worked. After your message I initiated a scan with the dashboard providing only the "In production" folder. I left it running and when I logged back in 5 hours later it was still running so i cancelled it and uninstalled the dashboard. All processes didn't end and I could not manually end them either. etool.exe *32 was running several instances. I performed a reboot today, removed all files and installed it again. I must have done something wrong because the same thing happened today but when performing a scan on the "QVD Load" folder that I know worked before and this time it kept running much longer than it should have so i cancelled it. I can't end the process etools.exe now so I have decided to put this on hold for now.

EDIT: For clarity, I uninstalled it properly and removed the files that were not deleted automatically.

Michael Tarallo

Hello Marcelo - it seems like you may be experiencing a long run-time - however it seems you did not get the script error as originally stated:

Have you tried scanning a smaller directory? Just to see? Something that has a few QVW, QVD files just to test the behavior? If that DOES work then at least we know the dashboard is now working and you resolved your original issue.

Please note this write up on the slow run time:

Problem: Scans take a very long time, in some cases multiple hours.

Issued Id: GOV-121

Remedy: The QlikView Governance Dashboard metadata scanner obtains its QVW and QVD metadata

by scanning these files and extract out XML tag information that contains the metadata. In the case of

QVW files, these XML tags tend to be near the end of the file, after all the encoded data contents. In

the case of QVD files, the XML tags are at the top of the file.

For QVW files that have very large data volumes, identifying the start of the XML tag block can take

longer than for QVW files that have little or no data. If the QVWs to be scanned are deployed to the

Publisher’s SourceDocuments folder in a data cleaned state, the time to scan them will generally be

faster than if deployed with a large volume of existing data. Use the ‘File->Reduce Data->Remove All

Values’ function on these larger QVWs before deploying so that the scanner can identify the XML tag

blocks more quickly.

For QVD files that were generated from QVWs that loaded hundreds of data sources (either using a

looping construct or a LOAD * pattern), these target QVD files will contain as many <LineageInfo> tags

as there were different source files used in the QVWs that generated the target QVDs. We have

observed instances in which the generating QVW files we’re loading thousands of machine generated

log files resulting in thousands of <LineageInfo> elements (all with cryptic, machine-generated file

names which provided little additional lineage value). These QVDs can be eliminated from the

Governance Dashboard scan process by entering a pattern that matches unite parts of their file names

or parts of the names of the sub-directories to which they are written. Care must be exercised to make

sure your pattern does not inadvertently match the names of QVW or QVD files (or their directories)

that you do want included in the scan.

• List of Paths to Scan: This is a table of pairs of text fields where the first,    left field contains a 'scan path' which must be a valid, full path    specification of a directory that the scanner will search for QVW,    QVD or QVX files. The scanner descends into all sub-directories of    each scan path root directory to find all QVW, QVD and QVX files to    analyze. One or more exclusion patterns, can be entered into the Excluded Keywords text field (separated by vertical bar | characters) to exclude from the metadata scan individual    files or entire directories whose names match the exclusion pattern.    Note that if the name of the candidate folder or file matches ANY one of the pipe-delimited patterns, the file or subfolder (and all of contents) is excluded from the scan.

Please let me know how you do when you continue working with QlikView Governance Dashboard.

Regards,

Mike T

Michael Tarallo

Hi Ricardo - Can you send me all your PerformanceXXX.log files in C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer  so we can have a closer look?

Mike

Ricardo Gerhard

Sure, I sent by message.

Michael Tarallo

Hi Ricardo -

Unfortunately, the log supplied  is not the one that contained the data that was leading to the error condition.

As can be seen from the expressor engine log error message below (which came straight from the FullScan.Message.log file that was sent on Friday), the proper Performance log file is one that contains records from Oct 19 2012.  The file that was sent contained performance records starting on Oct 31.

Expand Performance Log Entry - TRANSLITERATE-1024-F: Error converting output parameter 'AnonymousDocSessions' into attribute 'AnonymousDocSessions': The lua string '2012-10-19 21:55:00' could not be converted to a type of 'integer'. (FullScan.Step_1)

Can you find all files that start with “Performance” in the folder ‘C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer’  (or whatever folder  used in the server log path input box on the config sheet) including any files starting with “Performance” that may exist in any sub-folders and have them zip up and send them?

Thank You

Mike T

I'm getting the same "Table not found" error. I'm running on a Server 2003 box so I've created the install and profile directories that you suggested and used them when installing but I still get the error. This server is QV 11 SR 2 but the desktop client is QV 11 SR 1.

Roland Vecera

Hi!

Quite old thread, but I still getting this error on QV11SR2, Governance Dashboard Beta2!

Machine ist a >8 Core Win2008R2!

Any suggestions?

Thx,

Roland

Alexander Korsikov

Hello.

Have got QlikView 11.20.11718 SR1 64-bit

Windows Server 2008 R2 x64

I get this error if username contains non-latin characters.

Even when user renamed, original c:\users\ folder for this user will contain original non-latin characters, so for Governance it doesn't work either..

Tyler Waterfall

Hello RBCsupport,

Are you using the 1.0GA version of the Governance Dashboard? This 1.0 version was recently released on QlikMarket: link here: http://market.qlik.com/qlikview-governance-dashboard.html

If you are using 1.0GA, the next step would be to send the FullScan.message.log file (found in the profiles\default\QVX_LastRun folder) to QlikTech Governance Dashboard support: qvgdfeedback@qliktech.com

Keep us posted!

Thanks!

Tyler

Tyler Waterfall

RBCSupport,

It appears that if the Profile directory path contains multi-byte characters, the Dashboard will not scan the files because it is not correctly handling the folder path. I have entered this as a bug.

As a workaround until this issue is fixed, try installing the Dashboard to a folder that does not have any multi-byte characters. That way your Install Path and Profile Path will not contain multi-byte characters.

Tyler

Andrzej Beletsky

Hello Tyler.

Using Governance Dashboard 1.0GA.

When username contains non-latin characters what I have in FullScan.messages.log is this:

dataflow controller - ETASK-0017-N: Using Desktop license for QlikView Expressor Processor; resource utilization limited. (etask.controller)

QlikView Expressor dataflow execution utility (etask) 3.9.3.24724 n (Build 24724) Apr  1 2013

dataflow controller - ETASK-0074-F: etask is terminating due to 'DatastoreException': (etask.controller)

dataflow controller - EDATASTORE-0003-A: Unable to open Qlikview Expressor datastore file 'C:/Users/пїЅпїЅпїЅпїЅпїЅпїЅпїЅпїЅпїЅпїЅпїЅпїЅпїЅ/AppData/Local/expressor/exp_params_1464' from within directory 'C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Governance_1.0\scanners\GovScanner\external'. The open returned status code 14, with reason 'unable to open database file'. (etask.controller)

dataflow controller - ETASK-0038-F: Processing has completed abnormally. (etask.controller)

Tyler Waterfall

ABeletsky,

Yes, I have found the same results. Thank you for sharing the error from the log file!

And, that's a great user id!

More to come...

Tyler

Bruce Taylor

I am getting the same script error.

Here is my log file. 

C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Governance_1.0\profiles\default\QVX_LastRun\FullScan.messages.log

dataflow controller - ETASK-0017-N: Using Desktop license for QlikView Expressor Processor; resource utilization limited. (etask.controller)

QlikView Expressor dataflow execution utility (etask) 3.9.3.24724 n (Build 24724) Apr  1 2013

dataflow controller - ETASK-0074-F: etask is terminating due to 'DatastoreException': (etask.controller)

dataflow controller - EDATASTORE-0003-A: Unable to open Qlikview Expressor datastore file 'C:/ProgramData/expressor/_opvars' from within directory 'C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Governance_1.0\scanners\GovScanner\external'. The open returned status code 14, with reason 'unable to open database file'. (etask.controller)

dataflow controller - ETASK-0038-F: Processing has completed abnormally. (etask.controller)

we are running

11.20 SR2

server is VM

thanks

Bruce

Sajad Manzoor

Hi Tyler,

I was having same "Hidden Script Error", My aggregator profile directory name was 5_Aggregrator(server1_Server2). After changing Profile Directory name simply to Aggregator, the issue was resolved. 5_Aggregrator(server1_Server2) does not contain any multi-byte characters, seems governance have issues with charecters such as (,{,[,+... as well.

Tyler , your understanding of qlikview issues and providing resolutions is really awesome, I have resolved many issues of governance dashboard by going through your posts and replies to questions. Really appreciate it.