Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Javascript Error In QlikView Desktop WebView

I have QlikView 11 v11.00.11149.0 IR installed on my Windows 8 machine. When I change to WebView and try to add a sheet object, I get a Javascript error. It reads "Unable to get property 'getAttribute' of undefined or null refernece", URL: http://qlikview/QvAjaxZfc/QvAjax.js.

Does anyone know why and how to resolve it?

27 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I have the same problem.

Not applicable
Author

Likewise, anyone have a solution?

Not applicable
Author

I've already updated to version 11.20.11643.0 IR  and i've still got the same problem, I'm using Windows 8 too. Can anybody help with this? Thanks

Not applicable
Author

Same problem here. Is it possible it has something to do with IE 10? My colleague has, except for IE (he has IE 9), the exact same configuration and doesn't have the problem..

Not applicable
Author

I'm running Windows 7, 64bit. Last week I installed the IE10 final and since then I'm getting the same js error. Before installing IE10 it worked perfectly fine.

Not applicable
Author

Installing the new 11.20 SR1 does not solve the problem.

Does the QlikView Devs read this forum?

Is it possibile to report this topic to them?

Not applicable
Author

The official response from QlikView South Africa is that Windows 8 is not yet supported by QlikTech.

Not applicable
Author

This bug seems 99% to be caused by IE10. True that browser ships with Win8, however it was also released on Win7 and there's were the issue happens for me.

Not applicable
Author

I'm in the 1% then; getting the same error with IE9, intermittently, although I have just noticed that I had the incorrect path at: Qva.AddExtension('name'...

Correcting this resolved the issue.