Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bhupesh_gupta
Creator
Creator

File Age Monitor

Hi

I have seen the FileAgeMonitor by "Rob" to get the notification mail in case of reload Failure .

http://robwunderlich.com/downloads/FileAgeMonitor.zip

What I want to know is can it be used for both reload success as well as failure notification simultaneously.

i.e I want to notify the user when the reload is successful as well.

If yes what code changes are required and will it work on QV11.

Regards

Bhupesh

3 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You can use the same alert code in the document of interest to send an email when the reload completes. That alert will not run if the reload fails.

If you have Publisher, instead of using Alert, you can send send notfify messages when the reload is complete by using the Notify option on the Task Distribute tab.

-Rob

bhupesh_gupta
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Rob

Thanks for the reply.

What I want to know is that if the same FileAgeMonitor.qvw can work in case of failure as well as in success.

For Example :

Let A.qvw reloads successfully at desired time( lets say 10:00 AM) so user should get a mail of successful reload.

while if B.qvw fails which was scheduled at 11:00 AM so user should get a mail of reload failure.

Regards

Bhupesh

Not applicable

Dear community,

unfortunately the posted download link to the age monitor application does not work anymore.

Does anybody know if there still exists any location where I could find the application discussed in this post?

Cheers

Christian