Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Rolling Count

Hello Qlikview Community,

I know this has been a rather common question, but I haven't found an answer that fits my circumstances yet. I am doing a Customer Registration report for my company and my boss asked me for a rolling aggregate of the total number of Users (I pulled this data from our data base and am currently doing a count of ID to get the amount of Users we have). Currently I have a master Calendar made that I based off the day our customers registered (known as createdDate in our system). Ideally it would be nice to have a rolling count based on whether the dimension is on day or if I switch it to month or year (I have a cyclic dimension going for most of my graphs). If I can only do it based on month though, I will settle. Please guys its been rather difficult finding information on doing this and have test it quite a few different things (such as the above() function). Any help would be great! Thanks!

Jesus Cuza

P.S. Currently we are using personal edition till the servers are up and running.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Nicole-Smith

You should be able to do this by using the Accumulation feature that QlikView has built into charts.  You can use Full Accumulation to accumulate over all of your dimensions, or you can use the # Steps Back method to only go back to a certain point in time:

Capture.png

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Nicole-Smith

You should be able to do this by using the Accumulation feature that QlikView has built into charts.  You can use Full Accumulation to accumulate over all of your dimensions, or you can use the # Steps Back method to only go back to a certain point in time:

Capture.png

Not applicable
Author

Thank you very much Nick!!! I feel kinda ashamed it was so simple lol (I was expecting a couple load scripts, maybe some expressions) Thanks again!