Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

google maps api v3 integration? a simple guide for beginners?

Hi,

I want to create a simple google map chart in my Qlikview desktop version. I downloaded a white paper but that seems too old. When I try to search it on the forum, I am not able to find a tutorial/solution on how to integrate/create a google map in my qlikview document. I am a total newbie to googlemaps in qlikview so will need a brief step by step guide

I have already created an api key in my google account. However I have read in some places that googlemap api v3 does not require a key. Can someone also please guide me where to find all those scripts for integrating the map into my qv document

Many thanks

Arif

9 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Take a look at the attached application. There is all script you need to use google maps API.

I confirm that you doesn't need a key for the API v3. For more information see this topic : Static Maps API V2 Developer Guide - Google Maps Image APIs — Google Developers

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Nicolas

Not applicable
Author

Hi Nicolas Gioux,

Thank You for your post its really helps me.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Nicolas,

Many Thanks. Just a small question though. Is it possible to apply a country filter to the map so that the map should or highlights the countries selected in the filter

Arif

Not applicable
Author

Arif,

Yes you can highlight a country (Static Maps API V2 Developer Guide - Google Maps Image APIs — Google Developers Encoded Polylines), but for each country you need an encoded polyline and I don't know how get it dynamically (maybe with a google web service but I don't find it).

Regards,

Nicolas

Not applicable
Author

Nicolas,

I have a question here.

When i want to zoom this map its not working properly, like when select zoom point 3 or onward its not showing a zoom image of map.

Could you please help me on this issue.

Regards

Not applicable
Author

Hi Nicolas,

If I had to use your application with countrynames but my data has only iso2 codes. Can you pleas tell me How can I use this map using iso2 codes only

Arif

marthacano01
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Thank you Nicolas.

I quit the api key in my maps and now it's working.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Well, it's working fine from home. I must've hit the 2,500 daily limit on API calls. I didn't think I was even close to it but I must have been.