9 Replies Latest reply: Jan 29, 2015 8:50 AM by Bill Britt RSS

Machine Name ID

Emanuel bustos

Anyone knows how to get the machine name ID of any client machine that we need to add a named user cal using Machine name identification? I only can assign via "Allow Dynamic CAL Assignment" because i don't know where the Machine Name ID String comes from. Any idea?

• Re: Machine Name ID
          Emanuel bustos

I stops using the CAL by Machine name ID it is kinda problematical. But if someone knows the answer please post it to close the post.

• Re: Machine Name ID
            Peter Cammaert

Up until QVS10, the Machine ID was composed of both the NetBIOS name of the client machine and the MAC Address (48-bit Ethernet address) of the network interface that was used to connect to the QlikView server, If my machine is called PC-PETER, and my MAC-address is 12:34:56:78:9A:BC (see ipconfig /all for MAC-addresses of all adapters in the client machine), then the Machine ID becomes:

PC-PETER [12-34-56-78-9A-BC]

After QVS10, Machine ID was/is composed of a NetBIOS name and a specific ClassID (probably of a network adapter, don't know which one). And as Bill confirms, Machine IDs cannot be used anymore.

Peter