Qlik Sense does not have a native data scrambling function. The below script can be used to scramble specified fields. Data values are scrambled with Hash256 function, which is a non-reversible conversion of values to unreadable content. This could be useful for making customer data anonymous before
Before applying to your app, please notice some limitations.
- Table and field names are case sensitive
- This solution does not support scrambling of key fields
- Scrambles values into alphanumeric values
- Should not be used for numeric fields
- ~100 characters max length for value to be scrambled
See attached QVF file (Scramble Data.qvf) for basic example on usage.
Generate list of fields through Qlik Sense...
- Open app with data to be scrambled
- Add new table to expose available fields in data model
- Dimension = $Table
- Dimension = $Field
- Clear selections
- Select the fields you want to scramble
- Right click table and export data (as Excel file)
- Select and copy tables and fields in exported Excel file
- Paste values in TAB separated Inline table in script
- Reload app to scramble fields