Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jens_Argentzell
Employee
Employee

Tool for easy creation of load/performance tests of QlikView (v.10 and 11)

Document replaced by QV Scalability Tools (QV10,QV11)

68 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I'm using QlikViewTestScriptGeneratorGui.exe for the first time. On the Actions Tab, I have no "Action Insert/Delete" section. I have the "Import QLikview Document" section and the browse for folder works. However, I can't add any actions because no controls appear. Anyone else had this difficulty? I'm on Windows 7.

Update: I pulled the same install files over to a clean win2008 machine and it worked fine.

Update: I found a workaround. Add an action on the Win2008 machine and save the source xml file. Open this file on the Windows 7 machine and the controls will be visible.

-Rob

garystrader
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

When I open QlikViewTestScriptGeneratorGui.exe it throws the following exception.  I've double checked the prerequisites document and everything looks correct.  Anyone have any idea what's going on?

Problem Event Name:    CLR20r3

Problem Signature 01:    qlikviewtestscriptgeneratorgui

Problem Signature 02:    0.1.0.21487

Problem Signature 03:    4ee9d24e

Problem Signature 04:    QlikViewTestScriptGeneratorGui

Problem Signature 05:    0.1.0.21487

Problem Signature 06:    4ee9d24e

Problem Signature 07:    56

Problem Signature 08:    89

Problem Signature 09:    System.IO.FileLoadException

brindlogcool
Creator III
Creator III

I am not able to run the  QlikViewTestScriptGeneratorGui.exe. I am not getting any errors.Just windows DOS prompt pops and disappears. Suggest how to proceed with this. I am using windows Xp

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I've had that System.IO.FileLoadException in two circumstances.

1. Execution is blocked on one or more files. To fix, open properties on the zip file and click "Unblock" before unzipping. In one case I had to use the streams utility http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb897440 to remove the block from the unzipped file.

2. In another case the log.txt file in ScriptGenerator dir was partially written. Deleting this file and letting it be recreated fixed the problem.

-Rob

Sebastian_Fredenberg

The reason of the error is probably due to how the downloaded zip-folder was unpacked.

First of all, the zip needs to be unzipped - the exe will not launch if the contents in the zip is copy/pasted. Secondly, it appears that right-clicking and selecting "Extract All..." will not allow the .exe to launch unless unblocking the zipped folder as Rob Wunderlich mentioned above. The issue may also be solved by using for example 7zip do unzip the folder.

Regards

Scalability Center

brindlogcool
Creator III
Creator III

Is it the soultion for me? i am not able to find the unblock option. Log file 0 bytes nothing is written. But Jmeter i can run without any issues.

brindlogcool
Creator III
Creator III

Sorry i could find the unblock and it is working now

Thanks for all your response

garystrader
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Unblock worked for me also.  I extracted it with 7-zip for good measure and I am able to use the tool now.  Please update the instructions.

This tool is amazing!  Thank you!

Not applicable

WOW! Great job!