Hierarchies are an important part of all business intelligence solutions, used to describe dimensions that naturally contain different levels of granularity. Some are simple and intuitive whereas others are complex and demand a lot of thinking to be modeled correctly.
- What is the difference between a balanced and an unbalanced hierarchy?
- How can a hierarchy be loaded into QlikView?
- Which data model should be used?
- How do I create an authorization scheme using a hierarchy?
- How can I check for data integrity problems in the hierarchy data?
These questions and others are answered in this Technical Brief. Attached you will also find a sample unbalanced, n-level hierarchy along with the script to load it.
See also the following blog posts:
2013-11-26: Added section on authorization.