cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Conditional display of text boxes based on the number of years in a bar chart

Hi,

I have a bar chart displaying 3 years of data 2014,2015 and 2016. And YOY% are displayed between the bars in a text box.

Condition here is when there is data for all the 3 years then only text boxes has to be displayed.

See below screenshot

When data is there only for 1 or 2 years the text boxes should not be displayed.

To achieve this I wrote a conditional show statement under Layout 'count(DISTINCT(Year)) >2'. But this is not hiding the text boxes.

If you see in below screenshot, textboxes are overlapping with the bars.

Note: There are no year filters available in the dashboard

Can someone please help me hide these textboxes when 3 years of data is not available.

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

23 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

can you please share your sample QVW file. May be that would give us more information about the app.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Attached the qvw...
Please take  a look.

sunny_talwar

Try this expression:

GetSelectedCount([Parent Firm Name]) >=1 and

Count(Aggr(if(sum({<SPENDTYPE = {'ARIBA'}>}(SPEND)/1000000)-(sum({<SPENDTYPE = {'OTHER_GL','PAYMENTS'}>}(SPEND)/1000000)) > 0,

(sum({<SPENDTYPE = {'ARIBA'}>}(SPEND)/1000000))-(sum({<SPENDTYPE = {'OTHER_GL','PAYMENTS'}>}(SPEND)/1000000))), Year)) >= 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your reply Sunny.

With the expression you gave, text box is hidden all the time irrespective of the number of years

sunny_talwar

Can you share the application with the three bars? I cannot test that part because it was not available in the previous qvw file

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Added new qvw to my original post..

I included 2 firms, one with 3 years of data and the other is with2 years.

Please take a look.

sunny_talwar

Give this a try:

GetSelectedCount([Parent Firm Name]) >=1 and

Count(DISTINCT Aggr(if(

RangeSum(

Sum({<[Matter #] = P(MATTER_NO), SPENDTYPE -= {'ARIBA'}>}SPEND/1000000),

Sum(OUTLOOK_SPEND/1000000),

Sum(OUTLOOK_SPEND/1000000)*12) > 0, Year), Year, CHECKDATE)) >= 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks much! That worked!

Unfortunately users changed the requirement   They want to see YOY% if there are 2 or more years in the bar chart.

example: in below screenshot they want to see YOY% between 2014 and 2015 and -100% should not be displayed; -40% which is the YOY% for 2014 and 2015 should not overlap with the bars.

Can you please help me with this. I really appreciate your help.

Thanks a lot!

sunny_talwar

So you need three text boxes now? 2 show up when you have 3 years and 1 show up when you have 2 years?