Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Radar Chart with dynamic dimensions (from alternate states)

Hey guys,

I want a radar chart looking like the attached in this thread: Radar Chart

What´s energy, refresh and so on there is what I want to be a selection from a multibox with alternate states like here and its underlying calculations.

Could someone post an example?

Many thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Ah, well, that's a complete different requirement, isn't it?`

You need to create a dimension with your five KPI, as data island or maybe using ValueList.

Then create two expressions, and use pick(Match()) combination to create an appropriate measure calculation for each KPI.

Note that your KPI's are quite different in expected numbers, some are percentage, right? Others are much larger than another, so you may need to scale your numbers to make it look good.

Are you sure this is the right way to display your measures?

View solution in original post

13 Replies
sunny_talwar

We would be more effective if you share your sample data and the kind of output you are expecting to see

Not applicable
Author

See attached and below the ouput I want.

I just want two lines but five values to be displayed as the dropdowns in the dashboard.

Hope this helps

Unbenannt.png

swuehl
MVP
MVP

benchmarking wrote:

See attached and below the ouput I want.

I just want two lines but five values to be displayed as the dropdowns in the dashboard.

Sorry, I don't understand your request.

Which dimension do you want to use for your radar chart (i,e, which dimension values will define the scope your expressions are evaluated in each 'corner' of the radar chart)? Credit Manager? Risk Country? Something else?

Maybe you can draw a sketch of how your radar chart should look like. with the exact dimension values and expressions (potentially selectable using your metrics data island, but that's a second step. First explain what you want to display).

Regards,

Stefan

Not applicable
Author

Mhh I want an output as the above sketch with Credit Manager and Credit Analyst as dimension.

I just do not know where to put the expressions and dimensions in the diagramm so I get an ouput as the above.

Not applicable
Author

Do you guys need any more information?

I just do not get the two dimensions (Credit Analyst and Credit Manager) in the chart.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

2016-04-18 23_17_05-QlikView x64 - [C__Users_Stefan_Downloads_comm213374.qvw].pngHere you are.

A radar chart with two dimensions and one selectable expression.

Not sure if this is wha you've really intended to get, but that's what you were asking for (and only one expression possible with two dimensions).

Not applicable
Author

Many thanks for the example.

Indeed it is not what I intended to get, so I will try to make it clear.

Let us assume I have made the following selection:

1.PNG

What I want now is to display five KPIs in the radar chart with one line illustrating the values for the Credit Manager and on line illustrating the average of the chosen credit analysts. Below an updated sketch:

Unbenannt.PNG

Please let me know if you need further information!

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Ah, well, that's a complete different requirement, isn't it?`

You need to create a dimension with your five KPI, as data island or maybe using ValueList.

Then create two expressions, and use pick(Match()) combination to create an appropriate measure calculation for each KPI.

Note that your KPI's are quite different in expected numbers, some are percentage, right? Others are much larger than another, so you may need to scale your numbers to make it look good.

Are you sure this is the right way to display your measures?

Not applicable
Author

Ok I think it becam clearer.

Could you give an example how I use the expressions as dimensions and following the pick-function?

I know what you mean but I have been using a num-function to set the format for each calculation. In the "Credit Risk Demo" this works out with variable scaling. Hope it will do when I use the expressions as dimensions?!