Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

After loading a QlikView App, the distribution just waits

Has anybody any idea why the load and distribute of an app just seems to sit and wait for a long time?

Using QV 11 on windows 2012 server

Extract from log file below shows a wait of 28 minutes from when the document was ready to the start of publication.

At one point this function was taking about 9 minutes in total, now it is around 40 minutes.

I have removed all recipients and then re-installed them, but no difference, again the system just waits and waits

(2015-04-07 12:42:38) Information: Set script

(2015-04-07 12:42:38) Information: Resetting of the Document Script for the Distributed Document was successful. ScriptType=Clear

(2015-04-07 12:42:38) Information: Offer resources

(2015-04-07 13:10:45) Information: Commencing ReduceData for C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\DistributionService\1\temp\b5458897-1e57-41b4-98d4-2f449136daca\document.qvw. (Reduce=False, Save=True)

(2015-04-07 13:11:07) Information: Completed ReduceData for

13 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Colin

I am totally of of ideas at this point. It's all very strange. My recommendation now is to contact Support and provide them with a copy of the app to them so that we can run in Debug to get more answers.

Sorry we could not crack this on here.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Colin,

I am facing similar kind of issue for one of the application ..

Waiting almost 2 hrs at offer resources and application getting posted to access point after that.

Can you please let me know if if you were able to resolve the issue or find out the reason for this ?

Thanks

Ganga

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Any suggestions on this please ???

Not applicable
Author

I have never had a definitive answer - we were on the way to send the app to Qlik support, but I managed to optimize the app.

I had a lot of actions "on change" of fields etc.  I had triggers on load of application etc.  It appears that this, although Publisher should not do anything at this point, actually does!  Quite what I do not know.

So my solution has been to take away all of these actions, and on the first sheet have a Button/Text Object with the required actions.  It may take a while for the desired effect to be made (show the next sheet with selections) but at least the distribution is faster.

Unfortunately it was a year ago that I started this thread, so I am a bit rusty in my recollection of the events, but I also managed to simplify the data that was loaded - used P() and E() functions in set analysis in a better way.

The app has many variables, so I suspect that there is something in Publisher that "checks" things prior to distribution.

I hope this helps, but repost if it is not your solution and I can look at my app again to get a better idea of what I did

/Colin