Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Error Loop

error loading image

I have the following error occur when I run my script telling me that I have a loop error. I don't know what this means for me to do in my data structure and I was hoping somebody could help me.

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

happens when the tables are associated so that no more than a path of associationsbetween two fields

looks the part of Circular References ("Loops"), in manual

Not applicable
Author

Hello if you click on the CTRL+T you will open the Table Viewer window, there you will see a dotted line for the loop where you see the error message. Just check the fields the line is linked to and rename anyone of the fields to anything else and then reload to get rid of this issue. QV automatically detects the tables and columns with the same name and tries to make an association, however we need to clear some by dropping them.

Eg: you might have a customer ID and Customer Name in Customer table and Customer ID, Customer name in sales Table, then you have to change the Customer in sales to something like Sales Customer so that it links with the Customer ID. Hope this helps.

ANDY