Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Button with Muliple Selection Click Action

I would like to create a custom button that automatically selects a few choices from a table. I first had multiple actions defined, each with a 'Select in Field'. What would happen is that the select would unselect the previous one, which I guess makes sense. I then tried to put multiple parts in the 'Search String'. That didn't work either. How do I use the Ctrl-Select functionality in a button so that I can pick multiple records automatically?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Chad,

Yes, blanks are not understood in this action, you can use a wildcard instead

(88311*Decalcification*procedure|88342*Immunocytochemistry,*each*antibody)

I don't see any problem with the concatenation, but you can use (if that field is going to be used in the above) something like

LOAD Code As CptPathCode,Description As CPTDesc,Code & ' ' & Description As Charge,Replace(Code & ' ' & Description, ' ', '*') As SearchInCharge;

And use the latter in the "Select in Field" action.

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Chad,

Try setting this value in the field selected:

(AltValue1|AltValue2|AltValue3)

Hope that helps

Not applicable
Author

Well I agree that should work. I see in the help:

Select in Field

Selects the values and fields that are specified. In the Search String you can specify a search mask, e.g. (A|B) will select both A and B.

I've noticed that that it will select correctly if the search string is either: '88311 Decalcification procedure' or '88342 Immunocytochemistry, each antibody'.

But if my search string is: (88311 Decalcification procedure|88342 Immunocytochemistry, each antibody); that nothing is selected at all.

I don't know if it matters that the field I use is a concatenation of other fields -

LOAD Code As CptPathCode,
Description As CPTDesc,
Code & ' ' & Description As Charge;

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Chad,

Yes, blanks are not understood in this action, you can use a wildcard instead

(88311*Decalcification*procedure|88342*Immunocytochemistry,*each*antibody)

I don't see any problem with the concatenation, but you can use (if that field is going to be used in the above) something like

LOAD Code As CptPathCode,Description As CPTDesc,Code & ' ' & Description As Charge,Replace(Code & ' ' & Description, ' ', '*') As SearchInCharge;

And use the latter in the "Select in Field" action.

Hope that helps.