Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlik Sense task schedule failure notifications

Hi

We have couple tasks to get triggered on a timed basis. Is there a way to get notifications if job fails so that users can get notified ?

Please let me know

Thanks

32 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Vamsi,

Out for the box, not at this time. What comes to mind is running a 3rd party task to check the log file for errors.

C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Log\Scheduler\  <host_name>_TaskExecution_Scheduler.txt

It is a tab delimited file, so you could query it with Qlik Sense and run a report from it.

You would check the LEVEL field for the value ERROR.

Let me see if I can come back with some more information.

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the reply.

Do you have any other information related to this?

Thanks

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Vamsi - the only thing I can suggest is to use the Operations Monitor app - available in the Admin Stream or from the QMC - and have them checked on a daily basis.

The other option is to use a 3rd party program to report off the data found here:

C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Log\Scheduler\  <host_name>_TaskExecution_Scheduler.txt

Currently there isn't any alerting or distribution capability in Qlik Sense, but it is available in QlikView.

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Mike,

Has this functionality been added with Sense 3.0 (or before), I'm hoping that I am not going to have to suggest to my client that they have to install QlikView in order to be able to send alerts when Qlik Sense fails!

Steve

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Steve, hope you are well. I did not hear anything about this being part of 3.0, but I can try to find out where it may be in the plans.

Regards,

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Mike - all good thanks.  Brand new Sense Server installation today, so can't be bad!

Thanks for looking into the alerting functionality for me.  Hopefully there will be something available.

Steve

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Steve, just got word that it is in the list of "things" but no time-frame as of yet, however I found this in Branch, not sure if you are aware: Qlik Branch - QlikSense Email Alert Tool

Let me know your thoughts. I have not played with it yet.

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Mike,

This looks like the kind of thing that could plug the hole - but it really does feel like something that should be baked into the core product.

I will have to see if the client is happy installing a third party executable into their environment.

Thanks for the tip.

Steve

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Just noticed that msi‌ and nak‌ are both staffers at Qlik.  This could help sway things a bit.

What you staff guys get up to in your spare time... 

Steve