cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
isaiah82
Creator III
Creator III

Section Access and AD groups (NTNAME)

Hi All - I am trying to implement Section Access in a QVW and having trouble with AD group names.

It works fine when I specify individual usernames in the NTNAME field, but not when I specify an AD domain group name. I've tried qualifying the domain group, but no luck (cannot access document.) I have done this before successfully in another environment; wondering if an environment-specific setting could be to blame?

Here's a sample inline table I'm using. If I replace group-name with my own AD user account name, it works great. But when I use a domain group name I can't gain access. Might anyone have any ideas?

Thanks! -Isaiah

section access;

load * inline

[NTNAME,ReductionField,Access

group-name,FieldValue,Admin

;

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
isaiah82
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Turns out this is an environment-specific situation and I was able to resolve. I needed to append a string to the group name and now works like a champ. -Isaiah

View solution in original post

4 Replies
isaiah82
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Turns out this is an environment-specific situation and I was able to resolve. I needed to append a string to the group name and now works like a champ. -Isaiah

marksouzacosta
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hello Isaiah,

Can you please clarify your solution with an example? I am having the same kind of issue.

Regards,

Mark Costa

Read more at Data Voyagers - datavoyagers.net
isaiah82
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Mark - it's been some time since I've been on that project, and I can't remember much specifics.

The issue I had was the source from where I was getting the group names (it was very dynamic); for whatever reason there was some string tacked on to the end that I just had to strip off.  Are you qualifying the group name with a domain (or hostname if local accounts)?  I could also see spaces in the group names causing some confusion.

marc_behrens
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Because I found this thread when searching a solution for my problem, I thought it would help to know that it can be a "problem", if kerberos is used in the environment and one does not know how to deal with it correctly.

http://community.qlik.com/thread/57817

In your case Isaiah, I guess you might have used the group attribute "name", instead of the "sAMAccountName" and the 2nd one might have been a bit longer. For example "sales_grp" istead of "sales".

-Marc