Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Auto-signature ?

Hi folks!

great new look, love it!

Question: the auto-signature seems to be gone? Is there a setting somewhere, or is it lost forever?

thanks!

Oleg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

Stefan Walther wrote:

Hi,

Jason Long answered this during the beta-phase of this community.

He answered that this type of community software does not support the signature ...

And there is no such options in the "My Preferences/Settings" section ...

Stefan is right; there is no more forum signature option.  You can do one of two things:

1. Paste your signature in manually, or my recommendation:
  2. Fill out your User Profile under "Expertise" with any information you may have put in your signature.  This information is searchable by the site search, so explain as much about your expertise and offerings as possible (within the bounds of truth and good taste of course )

View solution in original post

13 Replies
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

If I remember correctly from the discussion in beta, we can't have auto signatures now.  I've forgotten the rationale.

Stefan_Walther
Employee
Employee

Hi,

He answered that this type of community software does not support the signature ...

Not applicable

Stefan Walther wrote:

Hi,

Stefan is right; there is no more forum signature option.  You can do one of two things:

1. Paste your signature in manually, or my recommendation:
  2. Fill out your User Profile under "Expertise" with any information you may have put in your signature.  This information is searchable by the site search, so explain as much about your expertise and offerings as possible (within the bounds of truth and good taste of course )
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

It is a shame to lose the auto signature on posts, as I could see from Google Analytics that a lot of the traffic to my web site came from the signature at the foot of posts where I had posted answers to queries.  I can see why it has been dropped though - as any site would rather keep visitors on their site rather than following links off to other places.

The ability to put links on your profile page would perhaps be a nice addition?

Steve

Not applicable

Steve,

That sounds like a good idea; I'm testing out having two new profile fields added: Twitter name and website/blog URL. I should have them added to the system sometime today.

Thanks for the feedback!

rbecher
MVP
MVP

Hi Jason,

it would be very nice and apreciable if we could use html links in those profile texts (Biography/Experstise).

- Ralf

Astrato.io Head of R&D
Not applicable

Ralf,

We are going to use a custom field for website/blog URL that should render links as HTML. I will post more info when we've completed testing later today.

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Jason,

Good to see the web-site link on the Profile.  Would be a plus if the Twitter username also was a clickable link going to that users page?

Regards,

Steve

Not applicable

Twitter handle should also be presented close to the username, so you can see it directly…

Best regards/@Ungvall

Från: Steve Dark

Skickat: den 9 maj 2011 22:42

Till: Torbjörn Ungvall

Ämne: - Re: Auto-signature ?

QlikCommunity<http://community.qlik.com/index.jspa>

Re: Auto-signature ?

created by Steve Dark<http://community.qlik.com/people/stevedark> in Community Corner - View the full discussion<http://community.qlik.com/message/114735#114735