Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Detached lease license

Hello, I read QlikView License Leasing Technical Brief Paper.pdf but I find a special paragraph that got my attention.

In page 4 the document talk about Segregated environments and says:

"In scenarios where the Developer is completely detached from the QlikView Enterprise Server and is therefore unable to obtain a license lease via port 4747, no other option exists other than to contact QlikTech who will issue Local License Keys that will need to be installed locally"

I have a similar case because a provider has installed a software here in a desktop PC and generate a report in Qlikview to consume the generated data. This report won't be modified only will be updated with new information.

In this case, could I obtain a detached license (Named CAL or document CAL) as the paragraph mentioned?

This could help to save money.

Thanks in advance

David

21 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I will also confirm that even if I'm logged in as user "A", it will license Qlikview for a SVC account "B" to run Qlikview as a task (my business constraints force me to use a Windows Task [executed as a Svc account] to execute a Qlikview reload)...

Not applicable
Author

Logged in as user "A", it will modify the user "A" Settings.ini

So if I want that to work for user "B" then I needed to copy paste the Settings.ini  from "A" to overwrite the user "B" folder.

i.e.

C:\users\A\AppData\Roaming\Qliktech\Qlikview\Settings.ini

->

C:\users\B\AppData\Roaming\Qliktech\Qlikview\Settings.ini