Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Embedding web objects - basic questions

Hi all,

I can't seem to easily find the answers to my questions on the site.  Hopefully someone can steer me in the right direction.

Basically I want to start experimenting with extending QV with web components / extensions.  We have upgraded to V10 and I was of the understanding that this version opens QV up to these possibilities.

I don't really know how to get started.  What I want to know is really what the possibilities/limitations are.  Can I code in html5, javascript, php through QV to essentially skin or embed web features? 

Or, do people normally host QV docs in <iframes> within a web document?

Some of the interesting things for me would be to include Google geomaps (not the static chart or the google maps scatter), I would also like to be able to include playing with data visualisations that use data in QV (and can be manipulated in the same way) but show with nice front-ends.

To get started I really need to know how I code a simple 'hello world' example.  Is this in a text object or in an ocx, etc...?

Thanks

Gareth

10 Replies
Not applicable
Author

gcambell, Have a look at this below blog link. Step by Step explanation for creating your own extenstion object is discussed  here

http://qliktips.blogspot.com/2011/01/beginners-guide-to-qlikview-extension.html

Hope this helps you.

- Sridhar