Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Always scroll right in chart

Hi,

I want the scroll bar always this right even after making some selection.

Thanks for help

6 Replies
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I think this is achieved with the checkbox "Reversed" which is located on the "Presentation" tab, in the upper right corner.

Not applicable
Author

The problem with Reversed is once any filter or selection is applied, the scroll bar will no longer appear at the end. Reversed is only applied on document open. Any ideas how to always force it to the end?

Thanks,

J

celindho
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

This can be accomplished by runnig the following macro once (you don't need to trigger it to run at document open or any other event). The easiest way is to use the "Edit Module" window's Test button. The macro below sets the scrollbar to always start from the far end of the chart (making a selection does not reset the state). Change the string "CH82" to match your chart's Object Id.

--

Sub SetScrollRight

set chart1 = ActiveDocument.GetSheetObject("CH82")

set p1 = chart1.GetProperties

p1.ChartProperties.XScrollInitRight = true

chart1.SetProperties p1

End sub

--

Hope this helps

Not applicable
Author

Can you do this so the scroll bar is positioned based on a date value?  In other words, position the scroll bar where date=max(date)...or something like that?

I have a line chart that represents Year-over-Year by day.  By default the scroll bar begins on the left, at Jan 1.  On the right is December 31, but I don't want to see December because we're only in the middle of July.   The chart shows only a 30-day window.  I'd like the chart to have the max(date) (date to which the report is refreshed) be the center of the 30-day window.  Any thoughts?

By the way, I should mention that I have daily/weekly/monthly charts, each visible when a variable called Toggleview = 1, 2 or 3, respectively.  It'd be great if everytime the button that activiates the Daily graphs (Toggleveiw=1) is pressed the defaul position of the scroll bar is in the middle of the chart.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

I don't believe it's possible to default the scrollbar position to some particular point in the middle of the chart.  I believe your options are all the way to the left or all the way to the right.

sujeetsingh
Master III
Master III

I did not get it done .It did not work.