Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Executing a .bat for a EDX Reload in a different computer than Server

Hello, I am facing a situation with a Reload Task with QlikView Publisher.

I want a Reload to be done by External Event through EDX.

I created a .bat file where i have the following code to execute the task:

"\\QlikView\Shared\EDX\QMSEDX.exe" -task="Inline Task" -qms=QlikView -verbosity=5 -pi=2 -timeout=360

When I am in the Server logged as the Admin Qlik user and open the folder and execute the .bat the reload task is launched perfectly.

But if I access to the Shared Folder from another computer using the credentials of the Admin Qlik user I get an error that says the following:

The HTTP request is unauthorized with client authentication scheme 'Ntlm'. The authentication header received from the server was 'NTLM'.

The user is member of QlikView Administrator, QlikView EDX and QlikView Managment API.

Any idea on how to solve this?

Thanks!

4 Replies
stephane_hans
Contributor
Contributor

Helllo

I have the same need. Did you find a workaround ?

Thanks in advance.

Stéphane

shanton01
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Federico and Stéphane,

We are also encountering a similar problem, with the same error being returned.  Did either of you happen to find a working solution to make this remote call to the .bat file work?

Thanks,

Shanton

gballester
Creator
Creator

Hello,

I have a similar case, did you find any solution to the issue?

I have 2 publishers nodes, on the main node the EDX works OK. In the second node it gives me error .

The task from two nodes have fisical files in the fisrt node. All the task run ok, except the edx inthe second node.

Port 4799 is open on both computers.

Best Regards

William

shanton01
Contributor
Contributor

We were able to resolve our issue by installing Kerberos on the source Linux system that we were trying to make the call from.  This allowed us to properly pass the Domain and User account that had the proper permissions to run the executable.  The problem we had noticed was that the executable was trying to run as the local admin of the source system, rather than the local admin of the target server.  Our scenario was a bit different, since we were not running the EDX trigger, but instead running a third-party application that was making an API call to Qlik to import Publisher Tasks from one server to another.  However, The error we were originally receiving was the same as the one in this thread, so it may or may not work for you.  Good luck!

-Shanton