Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need to change license key in Qlikview desktop.

Hello All,

I have downloaded Qlikview personal edition desktop in my Pc and I have applied license key and it is now changed to Qlikview enterprise edition but unfortunately I used the wrong licensee  key ,so  I want to change the Qlikview enterprise version by using another licensee key.

I have tried to uninstall and installed Qlikview desktop but it has taken directly the older version of license key.

please suggest the wright way to change this license key .I have Serial number and Named Cal but don't know the control number.

followed procedure last time to change enterprise edition.

I have applied license last time by setting the path in User preference's tab in 'locations' and loaded by "Open Qlikview access point".

and I have open one document in that access point, It changed to enterprise edition.

any suggestion's..??.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sasikanth
Master
Master

HI,

Go to Settings--> User Preferences-->Clear License Information--> then check weather it points back to personal edition or not --> IF OK --> go to the same path again --> Change --> apply new license

View solution in original post

3 Replies
sasikanth
Master
Master

HI,

Go to Settings--> User Preferences-->Clear License Information--> then check weather it points back to personal edition or not --> IF OK --> go to the same path again --> Change --> apply new license

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Clearing your license information and doing the initial licensing procedure over again will do just fine. And that process is the correct one for leasing a Named CAL from your server, which is what you should do to fully license QlikView Desktop. After 28 days without contacting your QlikView Server, you will return to PE-mode.

BTW there is no such thing as an "Enterprise Edition" for a Desktop. Only a server license can be an Enterprise Edition license. Such a licnese will not work in QV Desktop.

A license key without control number = no license. The two cannot be separated.

Best,

Peter

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you its worked for me.